0:2

The Border, a massive wall stretching to the heavens. On cloudy days, it's top would be obscured by the looming clouds. But the sky was clear and the sun shone down, summer was approaching.

The archway of the gate was carved in with scripts long forgotten, faded in more places than most. It was... Depressing. A vast contrast to the wheat fields this close to the Border. The gate was lowered and slowly, the royal escort crossed the Border for the first time in centuries.

Unsurprisingly, there was a striking difference. The Border was overgrown with ivy and creepers, blooming with pink flowers on the Zyranian side. The carvings on the archway weren't faded, they seemed to glow and hum with some otherworldly power.

Instead of wheat fields, the area close to the border was set on a hill, the rood on the edge looking down at the  Elufen Kingdom. A glittering along the Horizon told of the distant sea. The castle was set on a cliff, overlooking the valley and the village in it. As if some guard or giant to defend it.

The air was sweet and seemed to fill souls with some sort of happy feeling, like nothing could do no wrong. The two siblings smiled at each other.

Eventually, the human escort pulled to a stop right outside the castle. Tall, polished dark stone, glass stained windows, a wide archway into the main hall, lined with guards and beautiful blue flowers.

The King stood regally at the head of the steps, his right hand man on his left and his guards behind him. His dark skin was accented by the sun's rays, the lights adding a golden shimmer to it. Black hair in dreadlocks pulled into a half up half down ponytail. A gold band decorated with red jewels around his head. Golden eyes sparkled and shone with something akin to anticipation and boredom. His most prominent features though, were his horns. While the other Zyranians were a mix of small twisted horns and appendages, his were long, black and  curving, decorated with gold bands and thin chains with rubies.

His body was quite literally, a solid brick wall. Broad shoulders, powerful muscles hidden beneath the blood red cape he wore. He was like an open flame, tempting and dangerous. And hot.

Hesitantly, a soldier and the driver stepped down to open the door for the royal family. King Reginald stepped out first, his tall imposing figure helping his wife out a second later. Dante and Daphne followed last.

"King Avizandum, a pleasure to meet you away from the battle field." King Reginald said, inclining his head to show respect. The beastly king took the queens hand and pressed a featherlight kiss to the back of her gloved hand in greeting.

"Indeed, please, no need for titles, we are on the path to recovery of our people, we shall have to be friends at some point, especially since I am marrying your heir." Avizandum said, his eyes flickering to Daphne's green ones before they landed on Dante.

The prince was tall, standing at 5'11. Broad shoulders curving into a slim waist. He had muscle and he carried himself with an air of danger and ease, flashing a charming smile. High cheekbones with sun kissed skin, freckles dusting his cheeks like a galaxy of stars. The silver bands along his arms and neck accentuated his muscles that seemed to ripple with power in each stride he took.
Dante de Lansia seemed to have been handcrafted by the Moons themselves, the epitome of beauty, elegance and power. All wrapped up in navy silk for the Elufen king himself.

"A pleasure to meet you, your majesty. My name is Dante de Lansia, I do hope we shall find a way to get along," he spoke. His voice was soft, with an underlying tone of authority. His gaze did not waver and his easy smile did not falter.

The Zyranian king nodded. Giving a small grin of his own. "King Avizandum, the pleasure is all mine." He could feel Juniper's stare burning holes in the back of his head. He could care less, an angel had quite literally fallen from heaven into his arms.

"Dearest king, I leave my heir and his servants in your company to hopefully adjust to the new life here. We shall return three days prior to the wedding. Think of it as a sort of, trust exercise per say. To see if our kind will be treated well." The two leaders made eye contact, some tension flying between them.

A silent challenge. Accepted.

"Why of course! Your race shall receive the best hospitality in my castle." Avizandum's smile tightened.

"Very well then, I bid you a good day" the rest of the royal party left, leaving the prince-cum-consort and his attending party.

"Juniper, please make sure the human party is attended to." His assistant nodded and walked off, the nervous group behind him.

King Avizandum extended a clawed hand to Dante.
"A walk in the garden, if you will join me. I would like to get to know more about you." Dante looked at the hand with concealed disgust.

"Why of course" and he turned in the direction of the garden, ignoring the dark king's hand. He took a few steps forwards before you looking back.

"What are you looking at? Little beast! I've no time for slow things like you" he grinned, the angle at which he stood allowed the sun to highlight his features and figure. He smiled and his face was like the sun.

The dark king huffed and followed after, almost like a little puppy.

"This will be quite a problem I see."