She'd raised him, nurtured him, birthed him, and in all her life, she'd never seen him so enraged. He was terrifying. Dante de Lansia had never been so angry, and all by his mother.

He rushed with his blade, and attacked his won mother. For a beast, an enemy, Dante attacked his mother. For Avizandum.

He was skilled with he blade, swift slashes. Even she, raised and trained by a warlord, could not hold her won against him for long. He was the child of a warrior, born of bloodshed.

His sword clashed with her spear snd he glared down at her with hate.

"Dante, darling, stand down please. I'm too old for this," Danielle huffed.

"You- you monster!" He growled out, eyes blazing with fury. Juniper grabbed his arms from behind, nit expecting the prince to thrash I his grip, twisting his body around until he raised his leg between them and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. His grip loosened and he slammed the hilt of his sword into the side of his head. Juniper dropped, blood pooling from his temple.

"Bravo darling," Danielle clapped.

"What the fuck is your problem? Are you deranged?!" He yelled, turning to face her again. She smiled all the same. Though her hair was fried and her lipstick smudged, maybe she was deranged.

"You see, Dante, I'm your mother, I made you. I made you who you are! I spent years whispering in your father's war do I could mold you into what I wanted, perfection. And once I kill this stupid bastard," she kicked Avizandum roughly in the side, " You'll be complete. You'll be perfect. What we should be, you'll be a god."

Danielle took a step forward, pulling a blade tipped in black liquid and plunging it into his chest. He writhed and cried out in pain. Dante rushed forward, trying to save him, he was bound by more soldiers, forcing him down, taking his blade. His dignity.

"Oh come on darling, accept it. He can live, maybe. I have the antidote right here. If you listen, he can be your little slave," she said condescendingly, tapping my cheek.

"You told me, for Peace and for equality. We are not gods. And never will be ," he panted out. He leaned back, headbutting the person holding him. He dropped. Dante soun around, taking the crossbow from the other guard and kicking him in the gut.

He soun around and an arrow sailed through the air. For a moment, the air stilled. Then Danielle slowly lifter her arm to see the arrow impaled in her chest. She met her son's eyes once again. For the last time.

"Fuck off ya bloody cunt,"Dante growled. The soldiers holding him fled, cowards. I panted, running a hand through my hair as I sighed. I took a step back, stepping on glass. Glass. Avizandum.

"Oh fuck," Dante ran over, dropping to his knees next to the horned man. He cradled the horned head in his lap, slapping him lightly.

"Come on baby, wake up. Come on, open those eyes. Show me gold, please," I begged. His left eye fluttered open, dull gold looking up at me. I saw my reflection in his eyes, pupils so dilated they nearly swallowed the gold.

"My treasure," he murmured, nuzzling his head in my palm weakly.

"Yeah, I'm here baby. I'm here. Stay with me please. Okay?" I stood, rummaging the corpse of my mother for that antidote. A clear vial. I took it, using the needle it came with to inject him.

"You'll be okay," I said. It didn't work. I sniffed the bottle, salt water. I tossed it aside. She'd tricked me. Even when she was dead she still managed to mess with me.

Before I knew it, a son tore up my throat. Half a year and I had fallen irrevocably in love.

"I'm sorry. I could have stopped her. I could have done something," I sobbed, moving his dreads away from his face. He smiled at me, sharp teeth glinting.

"It's okay. You're here. That matters more to me than anything," he said softly. I couldn't help but cry more, holding him close as I cried.

"We need you. Don't go, please. I need you,"

The full moon shined down on us through the gap in the skylight. It illuminated his body, his dark skin ashen. His breathing laboured.

"Dante?" He called me after a second of silence. His voice small.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm scared. And it hurts, so much," he said, huffing as a small tear fell from golden eyes.

"I know. I'm scared too, but I'm not leaving you. Until the end," Dante told him, kissing his palm. It was all I could do.

"I love you," Dante whispered. But he was holding the hand of a dead man.