মোর ভাবনারে

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This story picks up right where "My Lover's the Sunlight" ended. Please check it out before you start reading this one....

And before we begin, I have a question, my dear readers... My mother recently commented at a story I was making up for my father to just ease my boredom, about a South Indian Kingdom, that I was probably speaking in Persian and my father should really stop acting like he was actually understanding whatever rubbish I was spewing....

So, I would like to ask you if in reality too, my plots are gibberish, because her comment broke all of my confidence... right now, I'm even too afraid to start with story, but I am pushing through for you. I'm extremely sorry if this does not meet your expectations.

Enjoy, Adiraj!

Mayank returned from his trip to the grocery store to a house that was plunged in absolute silence. Normally, Abhishek would be seen fretting in the kitchen, a slow 90's song put on the radio, singing along softly while he prepared their lunch. The bowler felt restless. What had happened to his cheerful lover? "Abhi? Abhay! Cupcake? Kidhar ho?" His calls were left unanswered, adding to his anxiety. What on earth had happened to his heart?! Mayank dropped the bag on the dining table and raced to their bedroom, checking every room on his way. Outside, suddenly the sky had darked with black, ominous clouds, bursting into a heavy shower. 

Abhi's tears had never stopped since the one-sided conversation he had with Mayank's father. He had been right! After all, he could never give his shauhar a family! A broken sob broke out at the very thought that he had destroyed his happiness with his own very thoughts. The all-rounder did not know how long he had been spiraling for, but the dark clouds caught his attention. He stepped on their terrace, as the wind picked up slightly, the air current drying the tear tracks on his face. As his eyes could no longer physically produce the drops of sadness, nature seemed to have taken pity on him, shedding the drops for him. What started as a slight, comforting relief soon escalated to a heavy downpour, wetting him completely. Abhishek's tears may have had stopped, but his body was still wrecked with painful convulsions as he leant on the railing. The time to let the man of his dreams had finally come, despite his prayers against it.

Mayank's heart calmed a bit when he saw his dulhan, all alone on the terrace. "Abhi?" The hand on the younger's shoulder pulled him out of the prison of his own mind. "Aap aa gaye?" He sniffled. "Aise akele baarish kyun bheeg rahe ho? Thand lag gayi toh?" Mayank tried taking him inside but Abhishek refused. He bowed down with a flourish, extending his right hand, "May I have this dance?" There was sardonic note to his tone that a chill ran down Markhande's spine. Why was his Cupcake asking as if this was their last dance together? But he shoved those thoughts down as he accepted his hand, gripping it tight, like it was his lifeline. He pulled Abhishek close and hugged him, "Dancing in the rain? Aaj romantic mood main lag rahi hai meri dulhan." Mayank's heart swelled at the blush that spread over the fair cheeks. He could not help tracing warm, red skin with his lips, warming it further. "Gaana kausa?" "Baarish ki dhun kaafi nahi hai aapke liye?" The shy response made him realise just how beautifully the younger had matured and grew into his role as a player, a friend and a husband. 

The rain pattered on the tree leaves, creating a consistent melody. The elder rested his hands on his dulhan's waist, feeling the muscles through the wet t-shirt. Abhishek placed his on the other's broad shoulders as they swayed leisurely to nature's tune. It was just him, Mayank and nature - allowing him to forget about everything else. He gripped on tight, relishing in his lover's warmth against the rapidly cooling weather. Would you dance with your wife in the rain too? Would you recreate all our loveliest moments with her? Would you love her more than you ever loved me, Mau? There were so many unspoken questions in Abhi's eyes as he looked up to Mayank. The elder could not fathom what had brought so much pain in the obsidian orbs he wanted glittered with happiness forever. He wanted to ask, dig the answer out of the younger, but he knew that Abhi would tell him himself when he was ready. So, for now, he would just have to hold him closer, tighter against him, keep him in his arms forever. 

Abhishek started shivering when the breeze transformed into a stronger wind, making Mayank put his foot down. He stopped their slow dance, removing the younger's wet bangs from his forehead, "Abhay, bohot hua, ab andar chalo." The puppy eyes he received had to be ignored at all costs. "Nahi bachcha, you'll catch a cold. Dekho, tumhe goosebumps bhi aa rahe hai", he whispered, unwilling to break the delicate moment. Seeing that his lover was still reluctant, the bowler resorted to his last method. Without giving the other enough time to react, he picked him up in bridal style, carrying him into their bedroom. Mayank left him standing near the bed, while he went to grab towels for the both of them. Drying Abhi... if he had to compare, he would say that Amayra was much easier to coax to be dried than her uncle. After the tough job was over, he sat the younger down on the bed, kneeling between his legs on one knee. Mayank looked up into Abhishek's eyes, taking his hands in his own. "Itne udas kyu ho?" "Aapke papa ka call aaya tha." Markhande stiffened at the mention of his father. Had that old man finally succeeded in poisoning Abhay's mind against him?! "Kya bole woh?" "Kuchh nahi. Bas aapse baat karni thi unko."

The younger had to avert his eyes, because he knew that Mayank could tell that he had been affected by the call with just a glance at his eyes... They had always been too expressive. "Cupcake, tum unki baaton ka bura maat maanna, please?" "Unhone mujhse kuchh kaha hi nahi! Toh bhala bura kaise manunga?" Abhishek smiled sweetly as his caring boyfriend, the words of the said man's father reverberating in his head, every moment. Thankfully, the elder did not push him any further and asked, "Aaj lunch main banau?" After a soulful meal of rajma-chawal, the two of them cuddled together in bed, Abhishek reading aloud the 25th chapter of SVSSS. 

Luo Binghe said: "Then, Shizun. This Thousand Leaf Cleansing Snow Lotus, would it be able to solve... strong demonic poison?" 

Shen Qingqiu was absolutely terrified. 

This state of affairs, Luo Binghe wouldn't... be thinkinh about plucking the Thousand Leaf Cleansing Lotus for him, right?

Wait a moment! The Qin Wanyue that he plucked the flower for in the original work was right at his side here! Right now, right in front of her, you're going to pluck a flower (and a man at that)? 

Give your wife some face, all right?! 

Mayank interrupted him, "Yeh Shen Qingqiu chutiya hai? Usko samajh nahi aata ki woh bachcha usse pyaar karta hai?" Abhishek defended him, "Woh sahi toh bol raha hai! Binghe ke 600+ wives aur thousands of bachche hai! Yuan bhala usko bachche kaise dega?" He had to receive a glare for that, "Agar apna White Lotus sachcha pyaar karta hai, toh with or without kids, Shen Qingqiu hi uska sab kuchh hai." 

AUTHOR'S NOTE (#2): 

Guys, mere dimaag se itna hi nikla... Isse aage nahi soch paaya main. Please forgive me, for a meagre 1000 words chapter. Next one will be better, I promise. Choose one of the two for your next chapter:

1. Backstory of the junior medic introduced in the previous book, who loves cartoons.

2. Backstory of the girl whom I mentioned in the previous chapter.

See you soon, lovelies... Take care!

Special thanks to @PriyaRout0 for the title of the story and to @Thalafan_shrey_7 for the beautiful cover... I love you...