Chapter Two

Lydia's POV:

I look at the dull paintings of Sextina Aquafina and other current famous pop stars on my way to the break room. How could they all be so different but so insufferable in the same ways. All the most useless people tend to get famous and recognition. It's tiring to watch. Let alone work for them.
I open the tall glass door and walk swiftly into the break room. I make my way towards my sister Diane. We managed to get into the same company together. Her job is tweeting for said celebrities in the hallway. Mine is finding the next brain damaged pop star. I'm not even sure how we got here. Me and Diane have powerful words and messages to be said. This job doesn't make a positive difference in the world like we would like to make..
"Hey Lydia. Did you give Princess Carolyn your report on what's her face?"
I roll my eyes. We don't even remember the name of the latest celebrity hit. It's always changing.
"Yes, Diane. I did. Would it really make a difference if I didn't though? This job is so repetitive." I sigh.
She adjusts herself in her seat and takes a bite of her salad.
"You know... I could talk to princess Carolyn about moving your position to mine. My current client needs as much hands on deck as possible."
I nod.
"Not that it will change anything. But sure." I take a bite of my sandwich and begin scrolling on my phone without saying another word. Me and Diane used to be so close before this job. Now all we talk about is work. I wish I could quit. But I'm trying to go forward in my career. Not backwards. I just have to keep reminding myself this is all worth it. I can't go back home to Mom's. Both me and Diane would rather die than go back to that place. I wish I could escape...

After lunch I just sort of shut down. I can't even try to talk to Diane about how I feel. She feels the same way I do. We were never taught how to work through our feelings in a healthy way.. So it's up to me to make a change. And it's up to me to do better than this.
"Ahh Diane!"
I turn my head to see Princess Carolyn approaching my desk.
"It's Lydia but it's okay, that isn't important. What can I do for you Princess Carolyn?" I say.
"Oh right. Sorry about that. Your sister told me you'd like to join her and her loyal client Bojack Horseman?"
I took a quick breath in. I've heard of Bojack. I mean I'm sure everyone has, but I mean from Diane. His narcissistic tendencies have brought my sister to a couple low places in her life. I know he isn't at fault, but he gave her those drugs himself. On multiple occasions. I understand they're some sort of 'friends' now. Whether that's healthy, I don't know.
"I would like to join her, yes. I was wanting to do more hands on work rather than staying at the office. If that's alright by you?"
"Yes, I don't see why not. But we require all agents and junior agents to go through a training program for certain celebrities. Bojack happens to be one of them. It'll just explain specific rules and boundaries the client and current and/or old agent has created."
I nod my head and before I can thank her for the opportunity, she's already headed toward someone else's cubicle.
This shouldn't be too difficult. I think to myself. Working with bojack that is. How bad could he be? Hopefully he's easy to work with in the very least. I'm not looking for a friendship. Not like Diane. I just want to observe and grow my skills for work so I can climb up the ladder.
Grabbing my purse, I head towards the glass elevator. I know glass is supposed to be 'modern' looking. Or whatever. But I just find this whole building to be annoying. Not everything needs to be made of glass. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
"12th floor"
The elevator announces each floor that I pass. I have no interest in hearing it. I might as well throw my ear buds in and watch the training video for Bojack. Quicker I get it done, the quicker I don't have to come back to this office to clock in for work. I can just head to Bojack's with Diane straight away.

Walking out of the tall glass building, I notice a bright pink balloon floating above my car window. Confused, I approach my car and pull the balloon string out from my window. It says,
"Congrats! It's a girl!"
I glance around me nervously and full of anxiety. Who put this here? Who would even know? I unlock my car door and get in quickly. I light up a cigarette and throw my hair up in a pony tail before speeding out of the parking lot. I'm not going to dwell on that stupid balloon. It's just a coincidence.

I pull up to my favorite small Italian restaurant. They serve the juiciest olive chicken. I glance at myself in the review mirror. I'd like to think I'm an attractive young woman. But my tired eyes and messy hair make me look as if I'm at least 10 years older than I should be. I really let myself go. My green eyes look so dull.

I take a seat at my favorite booth and order my usual. I need to finish this online training course for Bojack if I want to start as soon as tomorrow.
"Wassuppp bitchess! I'm Bojack. Obviously. And you're probably here because I'm awesome and you're coming to work for me. I got 3 rules." I watch as he pauses and lights a joint in the video course. Intrigued, I keep watching.
"Number one. Don't touch my drugs or booze. I'll make you regret that. Nobody enjoys sober Bojack." He chuckles and let's out a long sigh before continuing.
"Number two! Don't eat my damn food. How hard is it to bring your own? There's only ever frozen waffles in the freezer anyway." He gets up from the couch and begins towards his huge patio. I hear a voice behind the camera trip and stumble over something.
"Don't be an idiot Todd, watch what you're doing" Bojack screamed.
"Anyways. Rule number three. And this is the most important one." He glares at Todd still struggling to refocus the camera.
"Don't try to care about me. Don't think you can change me. And do NOT fall in love with me thinking you're different. Because I can promise you're not." I hear 'Todd' let out a small sigh before the video came to an end.

There's already so much to observe when it comes to Bojack. I know Diane is close with him. She does everything for him. So I'm not quite sure what my job will be. But at least I'm slightly prepared for what I may be walking into.

I finish my plate of food and walk back to my car. I guess it's time to go home and rest for the night. I've never been one to partake in marijuana, or even alcohol. But I'm starting to wonder if a few hits or sips could help me get over this feeling of not being enough. I wish I could disappear, be invisible. Feel nothing and be nothing. I wish I could just escape.