Prologue

Prologue

a child who lives with rose-tinted lenses

.

.

"Mother, when can Xiao Lan leave?" A little boy with eyes that resembled the hues of the sun skipped around the colossal willow tree.

Its branches extended more than a hundred meters, its trunk more than forty meters thick. A breeze gently blew in this vast field, where only a boundless field of grass could be seen as far as the eyes could see. The only existences in this field were the willow tree and the child playing on his own.

A weeping branch suddenly moved from the colony of leaves blocking the sunlight, extending down to caress the child's cheek. This made him giggle and rub against the leaves. "Are you worried, mother? It's okay, Xiao Lan will be careful. You said that Xiao Lan will not learn how to live unless Xiao Lan experiences the world.

"Though cruel, mother also said that the world is also beautiful. There is good; therefore, there is bad. Xiao Lan will have to experience both to know whether mother must take action, right?"

The weeping branch paused, allowing the child to embrace it. "Xiao Lan will do his best," a smile bloomed on Xiao Lan's lips, revealing whisker dimples on each cheek. "Please watch over Xiao Lan, mother."

The weeping willow tree remained unmoving. It was worried about its child, for Xiao Lan didn't know how to differentiate between good and bad. He was a child who knew nothing of a human's complex heart. Xiao Lan's heart was as clear as still water. His inability to hide his thoughts might be used against him.

It had watched Xiao Lan since he was a seed. It watched him grow to be the child he is today. With eyes that projected his heart and a mind that could not think of someone's cruelty.

That is who Xiao Lan was.

'Be careful,' the weeping willow said at last. 'For humans are beings who can deceive even a child as young as you.'

.

.

.

.

I

I... haha

Me who just started reading tgcf: 😶‍🌫️