ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

I ran to his parked car and congratulated Kimi.

He kissed me.

"Thank you for being here for me." He spoke into my ear.

I felt butterflies swirl inside me.

"Why would I miss it?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

The cameras flashed on us as we celebrated his win together.

Later during the podium I stood in the front of with the team and Estelle although she left early to go see Ollie.

.

I hugged goodbye to Estelle and Ollie and the rest of the team, now realizing I may never see them again.

The night was too bittersweet for me, I loved Kimi's win but may this be the only win I ever see him have? Even worse, the only race?

"Are you okay Reyna?"

Kimi's words snapped me out of my thoughts.

I stopped in my tracks and turned back to him. The paddock's lights in the dark illuminated him.

"Kimi..I'm not." I muttered, adjusting my hair.

"Why Reyna what's wrong?" He asked, his tone completely changing from how it was prior.

"Are we ever going to see each other again? I'm only staying on vacation in Italy and what about us? Once I start working I can't travel with you." I felt my self tear up.

He held my hand. Tight.

"Reyna, I can get you a job on the team. I have been thinking about this but I wasn't sure whether I should ask it or not. "

I hesitated before speaking once more.

"Kimi could you really?"

He nodded. The light from the buildings and lamps in contrast to the dark of the night defined his curly hair and his eyes shined.

A soft smile rose on my face. "For how long are you staying in Italy?"

"Until next Saturday."

"I'm gonna hang out with my sister tomorrow but after that I'm free."

"Alright that's good to hear." He smiled back.