Chapter 2: Is it a dream?

IS IT A DREAM?

"Mother!?" I shouted as I looked around just to realize I'm back in my teenage years!?

"IS THIS A DREAM!?" I groaned as she pulled my ear, i could feel the pain. "Do you think!?" She says.
It really isn't a dream?! I thought.

"KANG JUNHYUK. have you gone insane!?" I looked at her startled and confused as i was thinking, then she spoke again. "Do you really not know Junhyuk!? You are failing 10th grade!!"

I realized what was happening before me, this was the time i had been grounded after scoring below passing grade on every exam. "Kang Junhyuk! Is this how i raised you!? I told you to be successful one day!" She looked at me in annoyance. "You are
groun-"

"Wait, wait!" I spoke as i chuckled. "I'll be good i promise!" She looked at me. "Really? Thats what you always say." She spoke. "This time I'll show you! I'll pass the next exam."

When i was in 10th grade, my mother passed away with Debt collectors ending up to kill her with a bat. I realized why she wanted me to become successful, just so i could live without living in poverty. She said her final words as she was on her final breath and died in front of me.

I studied harder the next day, after graduating as the top student in the school. I gave it up. Why? To pursue music.

"I promise, I'll even make you retire." I spoke. "If you don't pass, I'll give you a beating." She said with confidence. "Right, right" i chuckled. "Now before i get mad, go eat." She said. I immediately remember what Mateo said, my former ex-member. I fumed in rage as i hid it. "O-kay!" I say.

As i ate, i couldn't stop. After eating the cafeteria food from our building, i developed a tolerance to poison. The food was soft and sweet. "Eat slowly, are you a dog?" She chuckled.

"Mother, can't you just stick with the same food? It tastes so good already!?" I spoke. "Of course not, if i never found new recipes you wouldn't be eating like this" She says. "Oh yeah!" i said.

"Ah right. If you wonder why theres less food, do not worry. It's probably because of how busy i am." She says as she smiled through her lie. It was obvious that it was the debt we had.

"Don't worry! Just make enough for two people so we don't have any leftovers." I said. "Alright, So for school. What are you doing tomorrow?" I froze as i looked at her.

I shook with embarrassment. With my knowledge of the future, i knew what was going to happen. Humiliation.