chapter ONE!

'' Toujours pur ''

'' Toujours pur ''

♱✮♱ 

''I MEAN REALLY,'' VITA FLUNG THE LETTER ONTO THE BED IN EXASPERATION.

She watched the thick parchment flutter down onto her plush coverlet. She wanted to burn it. Incinerate it! So that all remained of it's contents was a small pile of charred ash, about as significant as what it entailed, if you asked her. 

''It's outrageous.'' Anita muttered. Her hands drew languid circles on the desk beside her, as she ruminated over all the ways she could spin this story. She could ruin the pureblood name this single scoop; 'age old tradition or child marriage? The truth behind the infamous Sacred Twenty-Eight'. 

Vita paced the length of her room in Lestrange Manor. Her footsteps rattled the moulding paintings on her walls, yellowed with antiquity. Their eyes bore down on her back the weight of generations. ''I knew I'd have to marry young- but this?'' She spun to face Anita. ''This is insane! And to- to him!'' 

Anita's eyes flooded with sympathy. The Skeeters were half bloods. She never had to fear this exploitation, which only doubled her pity. Not to mention her passion for journalism riled up all this information into one churning, bubbling, boil of injustice. 

The moment she'd received Vita's owl, Anita knew something was wrong. They were a day into the Easter holidays for Merlin's sake! What fresh news could Vita possible have to depart? 

Anita's brows scrunched as she wracked her brain. ''Give it here,'' she motioned to the letter, rudely discarded on Vita's bed. Vita chewed on her thumbnail as she passed it over, never mind that the nail was already bitten bloody to the quick. 

Anita cleared her throat, 

𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙈𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙧𝙨 𝙍𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙫 𝙇𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚,

𝙐𝙥𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙨. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙨' 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜'𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮. 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙑𝙞𝙩𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙜𝙣𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙒𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙘𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚.