Introduction: Character Information

This is my take on making an original character for the MHA universe.

Character Introduction:

My character's name is Tyler. He's from the UK, born on January 17th.

Appearance:
Tyler is a fairly plain-looking guy, with short brown hair. However, it usually ends up being left messy since he skips styling most mornings. He isn't one for fashion and is the kind of person who would happily wear shorts year-round. At the time of this story, he stands at 175 cm. While not super athletic at the beginning, before training for the entrance exam, he has always been in good shape thanks to his active lifestyle.

His family moved to Japan when he was young, and he has lived there ever since.

Personality:
Tyler has a very calm and helpful personality, often putting others before himself. Although calm most of the time, he quickly gets excited by seeing heroes—he's a bit of a fanboy. He's not easily fazed by negative subjects or able to hold a grudge. People think he is just a forgiving person, but really, he understands that most things like that aren't worth the energy.

He's always done well in school—above average but no genius. His true skills lie in his creativity and problem-solving abilities, which come in handy when using his quirk.

Super adventurous and outgoing, he's always looking to discover new places and see everything. Some think his personality may be tied to his quirk, like Toga or Bakugo, in that his ability to go wherever he wants drives that desire.

Hobbies:
His hobbies include hiking, camping, and paddle sports—anything that helps him explore.

Quirk: Portal (sometimes referred to as Rift):
Tyler is able to create portals that connect two points in space. Almost anything can pass through these portals.

The portals don't hold a solid shape. The borders of the portal shift and move constantly, rather than staying a solid circle. They give off a dim orange glow. The borders are physical and can be interacted with, but they aren't indestructible and can be broken. If broken, the portal will close.

There is no maximum distance for the quirk; however, opening a portal to a place Tyler can't see requires a higher level of concentration, and he must have been there before.

There is no hard limit to how many portals he can create; however, multiple factors are considered. 1. The energy used for the portals is created through an additional organ inside Tyler, which burns calories, so too much use can wear him out. Tyler is always hungry because of this. 2. Opening additional portals requires more concentration, and the same goes for controlling their size and duration.

Tyler also has access to a personal pocket universe that he can use to store items. However, if he stays in there too long without a portal open to an oxygen source, the room will run out of breathable air.

This will be my first story, unless you count those stories we all used to write for homework as kids, I hope my English teacher isn't going to read this, she would definitely ring my neck in for all the spelling and grammar mistakes I'm going to make.

Anyways my idea is to slot this new character into the pre existing story. Deku is still the main character, being the almighty successor and all that but Tyler will still be up there with the Top students in the Class and will help in his own ways as Crisis hits developing as they go.

I've always hated the trope of OP anime characters who are unbeatable from the get go, and with a quirk as versatile as portal, it might seem like I'm doing the same but I'm hoping the limitations will easy that possibility.

Anyways enjoy the story, who knows how far it'll go, guess till I get bored.....