↫1↬

I watched the silver coin drift from the man's hand. It seemed to move in slow motion in the air. The head of the coin showed itself to me, and the tails followed suit not a second later. It continued to twist in the air as it fell back to the table. I could briefly see the faces of anxious onlookers. Everything started to speed up as the coin got closer and closer to the wooden table.

"Heads." The coin hit the table with a clink and began to spin. The tension in the room was so thick that you would have to cut through it with a steak knife as the coin stopped on its edge. A small smile tugged at my lips as the coin fell.

"It's...heads!" The announcer said, slightly confused.

The crowd gasped, while my opponent jumped and pointed an accusing finger at me. "Y-You cheated! You must have!"

There were murmurs of agreement from the onlookers and some were getting their cameras out as if a big fight was about to happen. There might be one if this guy keeps this up.

I rested my head on my hand and sighed, "How can you cheat in a coin toss? I told you, you would have a better chance in poker. I won, so suck it up and stop acting like a spoiled brat."

The brunette stared at my proffered hand and frowned.

"Another-"

"No."

Jack looked confused at my interruption so I 'delighted' him with an explanation.

"We have already gone through 12 rounds, not counting the last 6, and I won all of them fairly. Now if you'll excuse me, my payment," I stated, waving my hand in front of him.

He grumbled something under his breath, then his left hand moved toward his pocket. That's when I knew what was about to happen. I clenched my teeth just as he punched a lightning-fast right hook at my face.

...

A/N: I don't know why all of my first chapters are really short. My bad you guys. Anyway I hope you enjoy it. I'll post the next chapter later on this week or next week.