↫3↬

It was currently 5:00 p.m. on February 25. I was walking up to the place Timothy Longwood was last seen, Gambler's Paradise.

"Mike? Mike, can you hear me? Over."

I subtly lifted my hand over my ear, "You're gonna make me go deaf, Travis."

"Shut up, you're fine. I'll let you know about any updates. I'm currently trying to hack the video system, so I'll get back to you when I do," Travis's voice whispered through my earpiece. I know, I know, cliché, right? A private investigator uses an earpiece like in spy movies, but it is very helpful when you have a hacking genius on the other side, even if he is a little annoying.

I swiftly made my way inside the building and through the crowded lobby. No one seemed to notice me yet, which I had figured out that much. I was dressed the complete opposite of what I was wearing yesterday. I had on a white dress shirt with jeans, a tie hung loosely around my neck, and my hair was pulled back in a low ponytail.

I scanned through the crowd, trying to find the front desk, when I ran into someone causing us both to fall to the ground. I jumped back on my feet quickly and offered my hand to help the person up.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I studied the young woman. She was maybe a couple of years younger than me, so about 21-ish. She had brown hair with blue highlights. Her blue eyes showed curiosity and a little annoyance.

"It's okay. Are you good?" She asked while I nodded. "Good! I'm Yuki Kazue, nice to meet you...?"

"Tony. Tony Anderson."

"Nice to meet you, Tony. How are you today?" Yuki asked.

"Mike you there," Travis's voice came into my ear.

"Uh, I'm fine. I have to...go. Sorry Yuki, maybe I'll see you around," I quickly told the Japanese girl and walked away. I finally spotted the front desk amidst the crowd.

"What do you need, Travis?" I inquired, trying to push my way through the tight crowd. Who was gathering around a large table that seemed to be getting a lot of attention.

"Tony, really? You couldn't think of a better name?"

"Doesn't matter. What do you want?"

"Jeez, I just wanted to let you know I now have the cameras. You're at the front desk aren't you?"

"Yes, what room was he in?" I inquired.

"Room 714."

I rang the bell at the front desk, and a moment later a woman ran out of the back room. She was wearing a black maid-like dress with a matching skipper's hat, which she quickly adjusted. Her blonde hair was styled in a pixie cut and her hazel eyes studied me boredly. Her name tag read 'Kate'.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Do you have any open rooms? I'd like to spend the night," I told her.

She looked at me suspiciously. "We aren't allowed to give rooms out to new guests unless the Numero Uno says so."

"I'm not a new guest. I drank a little bit and bet my room on a rigged machine. I just want a replacement. Preferably on the 7th floor," I told her, making up the story on the go.

"I'm still not-Yes, yes that will be fine! Here's your key," Kate said quickly and took the money I handed her in place for the key she held.

"Thanks." I turned around and made my way toward the elevator. I entered and jammed my thumb on the 7th floor. Faint pop music began playing as the elevator made its way slowly up the building. I took the time to glance over my key, it was a small black key with the engraving 702 on it.