Loving What You Do

I was laying down in bed, it was my first day of summer and I'm spending it like this, like wtf.

"Can you come down real quick, Kalanih!" My mom shouted from the living room.

"Coming mom" I said annoyed

I walked downstairs and sat next to her.

"What's up" I said

"We're moving to Inglewood with your aunt Cecilia"

"Yessss" I said excitedly and smiling uncontrollably

"So go pack cause we have to leave today" she said

"Okay" I said running upstairs

While I was packing so much things ran through my head.

Am I going to make any friends?

How long are we going to be staying for?

Are the guys there hot like here in Arizona?

"Are you done? Lani?" I was interrupted from my thoughts by my mom

"Um what, wait yea" I said zipping up my suitcase

"Come on then let's go" she said

"Wait what about our furniture?" I asked

"Some guys are taking care of it for me already"

"Oh okay so we're going to be living with my aunt Ceci?" I asked, I have so many questions

"No we're going to live next door to them" she said

I could tell she was getting annoyed by all my questions so I just shut my mouth and plugged my earphones into my phone and the first song that played was Dodger Blue by Becky G. I started singing along

I wasn't brought up with the silver spoon in my pocket. Mama didn't raise no fool, they telling me that I'm hot I say cool.
Get your facts straight i am a Gomez, but no I don't know Selena. Not a rich kid but Im a boss bitch, drive my Toyota like its a bimmer.
Carpool on that 405, two brothers and I got one sister. Right next to my dad with his head turned back, shotgun, never touched no trigger.
When they see this cover girl, the place go nuts, mother squirl. Ima let that line sink in for a minute while I'm visiting another world.
Blast off, I got a little of fuel in my jet pack travelin' to the moon when I get back.
I'ma give it everything, tell em whenever they ring that I mean it every time that they said that.
Who they think they're talking to? This my town they walking through.
Yes I might get down with a little red lipstick but I bleed dodger blue (3x)

After like 3hours of driving my mom stopped at Starbucks, yassssss!

My mom ordered a Iced Caramel Macchiato and I ordered a Passionate Tea Lemonade ( my favorite ).

We got back on to the car, we needed like 5 more hours of driving.

I got a message from my cousin Vivian, my aunt Cecilia's daughter. Shes my age and she's my favorite cousin. I Call her Vivi.

Vivian: 💟 / Me: 👑

💟: hey Lani I just heard the news, ahhhhh can't wait to see u! 😚😭💜

👑: hi vivi I know! I need like 5more hours to get there. 💟😫

💟: alright Kalanih see u then 😚

And with that I fell asleep.

I woke up and asked my mom "how long did I sleep for?"

"Like 5hours"

"Wait so we're in inglewood already?" I asked

"Yea I'm just looking for her house now" she said smiling

"Look there it is" I said pointing at my aunts house

We parked infront of the house next to my aunts house which is the one we are going to live in. It was bigger than our home back in Arizona tbh.

My aunt came out and greeted us.

"Tia Ceci" I said smiling and hugging her

"Hi mija, Vivian is right over there" she said pointing at a house infront of hers.

There was guys playing soccer and a couple of girls and then I seen Vivian.

I ran across the street and shouted "vivi"

She seen me and smiled and gave me a hug.

Then I realized all eyes were on us, awkward........
I don't like attention.

"Guys this is Kalanih, my cousin from Arizona and she's going to live in inglewood."

I smiled and waved awkwardly.

"This is Kelvin, Nathan,Brendon, and Frankie. Then for the girls Leilany,Giselle,and Stephanie" Vivian said

With that everyone else went back to what they were doing.

But not Brendon, "hey so u like it here so far" he asked. He seemed kind of nervous.

"Um I mean yea it's nice here but I'm going to miss Arizona" I said

"So wanna hang out sometime, just the two of us?"

"Yea that would be nice" I said smiling.

"Here put your number in" he said handing me his phone.

I grabbed his phone and put my number in and just put the contact in as 'Kalanih' And gave his phone back.

He looked at my contact and started typing. He showed me his phone and said "better". He changed the contact name to 'Kalanih❤️😏💦'

I smiled and walked back to Vivian.

"Omg Brendon was so hitting on you" vivi said smiling

"Yea he totally was" Stephanie said

I just smiled and said "yea guess he was"

I looked over at the guys playing soccer and this time I looked at them closely. When I seen a better angle of Frankie my heart skipped like 100beats, he's so hot and then I realized he's Becky's brother. To bad he's dating Giselle.

After a while of hanging out me and Vivian went to my house and of course my mom and my aunt were blabbing away. We went up to my new room and it was nice, I guess.

"So you and Brendon?" Vivi said smirking

"Friends and that's it" I said

"Let's see how long the just friends role last" she said

I just ignored her comment and went to the bathroom in my room to shower.

When I was out I changed into comfy close and let my hair air dry.

"Are u sleeping over?" I asked Vivian

"No sorry Kalanih but I'll be over tomorrow early in the morning, bye and goodnight" she said exiting my room.

I went to sleep hoping tomorrow will be a good day.

🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍
A/N: new story. Hope u enjoyed, comment and vote 💗😎