Chapter 1 - Frost Season

Tara's POV

Tara, the beautiful she-wolf, princess of the Sky Kingdom, was roaming the kingdom's forest territory in search of prey. Although she was royalty, she preferred to hunt her own food rather than having servants do it for her.

She had already caught one scrawny rabbit - it was all the forest could provide for her, sadly, at this time of the year. It was Frost Season (Winter), and snow would soon begin falling down from the Star Wolves above. The Star Wolves were the wolf Gods - there were two, Jynx and Ruby, mates who were believed to look down upon the two kingdoms and create the four seasons known to wolf-kind. The four seasons were Frost Season (Winter), Sun Season (Summer), Bloom Season (Spring) and Leaf Season (Autumn).

Tara's favourite season was Bloom Season. She loved how the beautiful flowers blossomed, the trees' leaves began to grow green and the grass grew lush and plentiful. She could lay down in a small patch of dew-soaked grass for hours on end, eyes closed, warm sunlight beaming down on her silky fur...

But Tara knew that this season, Frost Season, would be tough. The snow would begin to fall and, last Frost Season, there was a massive blizzard (yes, in the middle of the forest) and many, many wolves were lost to the Star Wolves. Tara had almost lost faith in the heavenly wolves above her - Why had they taken so many wolves? Why?

But her faith soon returned as many new pups were born that Bloom Season, to everyone's delight.

Lyall's POV

The handsome Prince Lyall of the Water Kingdom was out on a walk, enjoying the last few pale rays of sunlight for the season. There were going to be many hardships this year and, to his disappointment, his father wanted him to find a mate soon. Lyall didn't want a mate, not just yet. Plus, there were no she-wolves that he knew that: 1. Didn't have a major crush on him and 2. He loved. Why did his father have to rush him so?