Chapter 16

"Breath Poppy, BREATH!" She gave herself a tiny slap on the face

𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦... 𝘏𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦!

She thought as she sprinted outside while chanting Hickory's name like the world was coming to an end. Rudy, her friend already kidnapped one of Delta's people, and she promised to keep an eye on Hickory!! She has to fix this!! Poppy CANNOT be responsible for any more trouble that may occur.

𝘐𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘣𝘺

Not knowing where to look, she decided to head towards the village just in case anybody had seen him. Surely, he won't be hard to miss given his unique country overall.

"H-heyy, have you seen a troll with orange hair and a big hat?"

"Nope"

........

"Smidge!! Have you seen Hickory??"

"No, sorry Poppy"

.......

"PLEEAASEE Tell me you've seen him Biggie!!"

"N-no?, Sorry Queen Poppy....." Biggie awkwardly gave his friend a hug for comfort.

......

"HEYY!!!! VIVAA!!! VIVAAA!!!"

"Poppy? What happened to you??"

"Have you seen him yes or no??"

"Seen who?"

"HICKORY!!!"

"Woah, ok no need to yell, calm down" Viva holds both of her sisters shoulders. "Yeah, I think I saw him just a minute ago? Why?"

Poppy's eyes widened with hope "Really?? Where??"

"When Clay left with Branch and Bruce, I'm pretty sure I saw Hickory running there" Viva points to where the balloon should be stationed.

In a split second, Poppy's fears turned into reality. Hickory is trying to leave Pop Village. Hickory CANNOT leave Pop Village

"We have to go!" The queen grabs her older sister's arm and starts running "No time to talk! Please just come with me before it's too late"

"Ok! Ok! I get it Poppy! But you're gonna have some explaining to do later"

"Uh huh"

"Seriously though! What is happening to all of you?? Bruce and Branch looked really uptight when they came to get Clay, and you're 10 times worse!"

𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦

"POPPY!! You guys are scaring me! Is somebody gonna die?!"

"Wha- NO! Nobody's dying! I just need some company while I handle-........ S-some stuff!" She let out a seemingly obvious forced smile that made the worry on her sister's face grow.

𝘖𝘳 𝘢𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘦......... 𝘎𝘌𝘌𝘡! 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘺! 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦??

She shook the thoughts away as she continued running at full speed. Giving up to stress is not an option, not when her friends could be in danger, and CERTAINLY not when you're the Queen.