Texas

DailyMail: Any day is a good day in Texas if you're Charles Leclerc. Fans notice driver is having best time at Austin GP.

Chi Magazine: Who are you hiding Charles?

MIA'S POV

MIA'S POV

"Fred," I asked knocking on his office door. Fred and Charles both turning around to look at me. "Charles. Hey," I said surprised trying to regain my composure. "Perfect, do you two mind answering a few questions for this week's article?"

Charles grin grew as Fred gave the go ahead of course, join us.

This was my first time seeing Charles after his flight on Monday and me flying into Atlanta on Thursday and staying the night, followed by a short flight this morning to Austin. By the time I dropped my things off at the hotel, everyone was at the track for practice.

I was not expecting this to be our first interaction after being apart a handful of days, especially in front of Fred. While Charles head was still turned towards me and away from Fred, he gave me a private wink. My pulse rose as I joined the conference table. The seat next to Charles open and Fred across from us.

"How are my two favorites?" Fred opened up any conversation with the people in front being his favorites. While everyone knew this, it always left you feeling at ease and valued.

After talks of flights and pleasant rooms, everyone had settled for my questions.

"Alright gentleman, just starting with the basics. Advantages we see going into the weekend." Charles answered first and talked with his hands. Carving out the high speed curves of sector 1 and how the car would handle that area well.

I jotted down his points onto my draft notebook. Fred went next starting on cooler conditions expected to help with tire life and strategy. "If the boys can both land in the top four qualifier tomorrow, our strategies..."

Listening to Fred was lost there. My left hand relaxed on my thigh while my writing hand jotted out notes. Charles hand slipped onto my leg sliding to my hand. The distraction coming from under the table came unexpectedly. Charles hand traced over mine taking it his time of dragging his fingers over each knuckle to the my fingertips then sliding back to the top of my hand. The touch light but giving me goosebumps.

"But no pressure Charles," Fred teased Charles about qualifying and he laughed to himself. I joined with a giggle to cover the grin that wanted to emerge on my face at the moment.

Charles flipped my hand over so my palm was up, his tracing becoming more sensitive to me. "Now onto cons of course," I hummed resting my writing hand to my chin and my elbow stayed on the table. The pressure of my pen against my face helping with the distraction of Charles aimlessly tracing shapes into the palm of my left hand.

"Sector 3 of course. Low speed corners always a problem," Charles said knowingly, his hand intertwining with mine before slipping his fingers away and sliding his hand down my thigh to above my knee giving a little squeeze.

It caused me to jump. "You're serious," I practically gasped. The words thankfully fit to the current situation.

I looked over at Charles who was giving me a mischievous grin. "Unfortunately it can be like this," he said out.

Fred tisked across from us, Charles and I's attention turning to his nodding head. "It surprised me too Mia. The data still shows that's a vulnerable area. If we manage to keep a fresh set of mediums for the race, it will help us manage that area so much better."

Charles thankfully slid his hand off my leg and he laced his fingers together and rested them on the table. I scratched my final notes down practically holding my breath before thanking them both and standing.

"Always a pleasure Mia," Fred said out.

Charles added too. "She is the best. We are lucky to have her on the team."

Fred snickered adding his personal touch to any interaction. "Quit wasting our stars time Charles. You aren't worthy," Fred teased which made us all laugh before I departed the office space letting out my held breath.

The rest of the afternoon went smoothly. FP2 taking place. No pressing concerns for Ferrari but surprisingly Checo showing reliability issues and Max having some choice words for the balance of the car. A RedBull having a bad day was good for everyone else. The only problem being they could solve it before race day.

Once the cars came in the paddock got crazy, the calm garage for drafting my article becoming chaotic. In Singapore I learned one the best spots for writing was actually Charles drivers room. It was quiet and usually undisturbed throughout the bulk of the day. Only occupied by the drivers in the morning, evenings, and right before events.

It also seemed so normal to the team that I left the door open so if someone needed to chat they could find me on the couch working. Charles and Carlos were wonderful in that kind of way of sharing the only private places for a phone call or brain break to someone on the team who needed a moment away from it all. No one thought twice about me drafting my articles there.

Except for tonight I didn't leave the door open. I walked into the drivers room closing the door behind me and did not focus on my opened computer on the couch. I had two very different reasons for coming in here. My minds sorting through the words I wanted to use until I heard Charles laugh getting louder and the door sliding open.

Charles was distracted as he pulled the door shut and threw his gloves and face cover onto the couch next to my computer. I used that time to step towards him wrapping my arms up and around his neck until my fingertips slipped through his hair.

"Mia," he said pleasantly surprised smiling at me.

"One," I said getting onto my tip toes and landing a kiss on his lips. "Hi," I smiled before Charles landed his lips on mine more firmly. My control had to go to full gear to pull myself away to address the other reason why I was here.

Charles grinning at me. "Hello to you too. I missed you," he whispered as his arms snaked around my back now.

I lowered my heels back down to the ground. "Two," I said more seriously. "If you ever fuck with me in front of Fred again, I will kill you." My tone landed the way I wanted it too. Playful but a genuine warning. No harm no foul today, it honestly excited me. That was the problem though, it was something we did not need to get used to doing. "I'm serious," I added.

"Fine fine," Charles said nodding his head dramatically. "I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you," I smiled leaning up and kissing his lips.

When I pulled away he grinned down at me. "What about in here," Charles asked cheekily.

I hummed taking in the comment. "C'est une autre histoire [that's a different story]," I whispered pushing against his chest so Charles fell back into the couch. I quickly followed draped over him while Charles lips found my neck.