Chapter 3

Third person POV:

It was early in the morning, and an expensive car was driving by the football field and parked in the parking lot. And it was Pete's car, he got out and walked slowly to the field to see if Ae was there.

But he didn't see him, he thought that Ae didn't choose to workout today. Because he did mention that he workout every morning, before school yesterday at dinner.
He was about to leave, when he heard.

Ae: hey, Pete!

When Pete turned around he saw Ae running to him.

Ae: what are doing there?

Pete: ... I wanted to ask... if you want to eat breakfast with me?...

Ae: I want to, but you could have just called or texted me.

Pete got shy and looked away, he didn't know what to say.

Ae: forget about it... I need to get back and change first. I'll pick you up the IC building, I won't take too long.

Ae POV:

After I had taken a quick shower and change, I hurry to my bike and went to the IC parking lot.
I saw Pete waiting by his car, looking kind of sad on his face.
He maybe thought I wouldn't come.

But as soon he saw me, he smiled like the sun came out of the clouds. This happy smile instantly made my desire to protect him grow larger.

This smile is like a cute boy who got his favorite toy, I couldn't help but smile back at him.

Ae: Get on the bike.

Pete: ....

Ae: Don't tell me that you've never ridden a bicycle before.

Pete: I haven't...

Ae: Seriously?... it's not that hard, just hop on the back and hold on.

Pete: ... will you be okay to carry me?

Ae: My friend is bigger than you so, there is no problem for me carrying you.

Pete sat on the bike, his hands only dared to gently grab ahold of my shirt without confidence.

I shook my head slightly, thinking that he said that he is gay before. Maybe he thought I would dislike him. This guy thinks too much.

Ae: I don't bite, hold me tight. I'm afraid that you may fall, and hurt yourself.

I grab his hands and settle them to my waist, letting him hold me. I don't know what kind of expression he had this moment, I stepped on the pedals and set off.
Why is he so much lighter than that Pond? I almost didn't have to step on pedals hard. I slowed down a little, and turned back to look at him.

Ae: You are too light Pete. How tall are you?

Pete: 175 cm.

Ae: weight?

Pete: ... It should be 48kg... I think.

My eyes widen and I stepped on the brakes, that led to Pete hit his head at the back of mine.

Ae: You are too thin.

Crazy! How can he grow taller than 170cm but not weigh over 50kg? I am 170cm and much heavier than him.

I calmed down a little and then looked back at him, and saw that he was stroking his forehead with his hand. It seemed very painful.

Ae: Take away your hand, let me see.

I held the handle of the bike with one hand, and my feet supported the ground. I used my other hand to move his bangs.

Ae: Oh, sorry! Does it hurt? Just a little bump and it turns red.

Pete: I'm okay.

Ae: sometimes, I think... you are quite fragile. And make me worry about you.

Ae: Let's go get some breakfast, I am hungry. But the person who should be wanting to eat more, is you not me. You are really too thin.

However, it is difficult for me to suppress some of my thoughts.

Pete's skin is so good and soft, as if it can be broken..... what am I thinking about.

I tried to think about sport, and then continued to step on the pedals. At the same time I felt that Pete held tighter around my waist.

Pete POV:

Ae: You eat until it's all gone.

Pete: How much it cost?

Ae: If you can finish this, the you can give me your money.

I looked down at my food, and saw how big portion he gave me. I don't think I can eat all this food.

As I thought about stuffing the noodles into my mouth, I also sneaked a look at Ae. He must have been super hungry because of the speed he is eating.

Ae: Pete, next time you want to eat with me. Just call or text me, okay?

Pete: ... Yes.

Ae: if I didn't see you, we would have missed each other.

In fact, I didn't come specifically to have breakfast. I just came to see him. I usually skip breakfast, only take a glass of juice.
When Ae said that I'm too skinny, many times.
It seems that I am really skinny. When I put on my clothes I can't see it clearly but if I take off my clothes, you can see my ribs.

There is a doubt in my heart, he has already said that he doesn't care. But I need to ask again.

Pete: Ae... Don't you think that... I am not normal?

Ae: Pete, I think the people around you. They judge you with their old social standard. But that is not how I think of you.

Ae: Do you think I am short?

Pete: No.

Ae: For me, I never feel that I am short. Everyone else is just taller than me.
My friends may call me shorty sometimes, but that doesn't stop them to call for me, if they are in trouble. And since I don't feel that I am short, I have no reason to be angry with those who call me shorty. This is my thoughts on some of my own problems.

I looked at his eyes quietly. I must be shaking because Ae reached out and touched my head. His voice was much more softer than before.

Ae: Even if the world is saying that you are abnormal, then you are normal.

Ae: I have never treated you as a different kind, and if anyone dares to look at you that way. You can tell me quickly, I will help you.

His words made my heart once again beat very much, and that got me little scared. I could only lowering my head and continue eating my food.

After we were done, Ae kindly gave me a ride to my college door.

Ae: Pete... you're not alone, I'm will always be here for you. Don't forget that...

As he said that he patted my head, and then started to cycling away.

I was left standing there, stunned. Again my heart started beating rapidly, I know what was happening. I am scared to repeat the same mistake again, I have to stop this feeling...