The Seniors Become Proper Teachers

You were staring at the blue band on your wrist with disdain. This was the absolute worse time for a Kemono Lancer to show up...

That Lancer's ability is merciless and powerful, but against the abilities that you and your brother possess...it's kind of weak. If you and Haruki were able to intervene, the Lancer would already be against the wall.

Sadly, that's only a wish.

If the both of you took action when things got rough, then the whole future you two had planned was gonna only be a dream. When you and Daiko first met, you were both kids. Daiko and his family were in poverty, while your family was wealthy from making money for helping the poor prosper. When he came to you for your help, you couldn't help but see the determination and fear in his eyes when he told you he will you give anything...anything...to help his family out of their barely survival condition.

He even offered his own ability for his family's sake.

And you granted his wish, but not in the way he expected.

When you and Daiko became a couple, you've been set on wanting a peaceful life with Daiko. You know that there's gonna be a few problems, but what's the harm in minimizing them while you can? You just want Daiko to live easy, since he's been fighting so long for his family.

In Haruki's case, he always wanted to be a Pro Beast Hunter from the start. He told you that it's been his dream ever since he was little.

In order to be a Pro Beast Hunter, two things have to happen: You need to be a participant in the power games and make it to the grand final as the winner or the runner ups, and you have to gain the recognition of two Hunters that are already pros. If you're able to do those two things, then you are more than qualified to become a professional. As a benefit for Beast Hunters' work, they are given a special license of recognition that places a 70% discount on all purchases, which is the main reason why you want to be a Beast Hunter as well. With that license, you and Daiko won't have any struggle with anything financial.

And that brings you relief.

With your training and smarts, you were more than confident that you'll get first or second in the Power Games.

But, now your confidence is shattered 'cause of this stupid...Rule...

One Leak Of Emotion...Can Make Everything Fall Apart...

"Stop looking at your wrist. It's only gonna piss you off more than you already are." Haruki said. He stood on his cloud with his hands in his pocket, staring below at the cluttering trees that stood small compared to the gigantic mountain. He tried to hide it from you, but his serious expression made it known that he was pissed off as well.

You groaned, "You say that when you're clearly bothered as well. What kind of principle puts their students and harms way, and then threatens to take away their careers—"

"I know!" Haruki sighed, "I know it's fucked up, but we have no choice but to accept."

You clicked your tongue, "Accept?! You think I am just gonna accept the fact that Luck and Chikara can die under our watch when we have the ability to help?! My conscience can't handle that, Haruki!"

"Would you shut up?!" Haruki yelled, surprising you. He looked back at you, "Sorry." He said.

"You're right. I'm as pissed off as you are, okay?! Knowing if I break this rule will cause me everything, and knowing that our comrades have a chance of dying, it stresses me out ! You're not the only one, so don't worry about holding that on your shoulders. Our first lesson we were taught in class was to not fall to pressure, so we're not gonna do that!" He looked back at you, "Do you understand?" He said in a more calm tone.