𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Stop.

Listen.

The world is always whispering secrets and warnings,

You just have to search for them.

{ Caribou }

It turned out Stonemover wasn't a friendly old chap. After going around in circles searching for his location, the two had finally found it. Stonemover had cast one look at the two then went back to sleeping. Well, Caribou had thought it looked like sleeping, or it could be another one of those slow-blinks. Except it had to be really slow. Anyway, Caribou started staring really REALLY hard at the dragon, squinting and squinting and SQUINTING until his eyes gave out, in vain. Stonemover just gave one single grunt, which had proven he was doing a slow-blink, but then fully closed his stony eyelids. Caribou was unable to resist himself, and had whispered loudly to Sleet, "Do you think he's dead?!? We'll be the only ones to witness his death then! SO. COOL," which earned a glare from them. At last, Stonemover forfeited and grumbled, "We'll talk later- IF you guys stop starin' at me." That earned an enthusiastic squeak from Caribou. 

Sadly, the animus slowly and painfully lowered his head and gave one final blink before drifting off to sleep. Caribou had wished that he could fall asleep that fast. Then boom, the siblings' visit with Stonemover was over. Sleet's flame had completely fizzled out, and they were resolving to trudge back to their cave when Caribou convinced them to go and see the aviary. Along the way, Sleet had complained about his eternal rambling-

"BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS, THERE WAS A REALLY REALLY FAT ONE-  COULD I SECRETLY EAT IT?!?"

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"AAAAAAAAAND GUESS WHAT?!? There's a TERRARIUM ROOM and HORTICULTURE SPACE and AQUARIUM and ALLLLLLLL sorts of stuff there! You'll LIKE it!!!"

"The birds go CHEEP CHEEP. And TWEET TWEET. And all of the NORMAL BIRD NOISES."

It wasn't that much in his opinion. They had reached the aviary. And that was where they were right now. Sleet was oohing and ahhing at a particular bird of paradise in the tropical section, while Caribou was treating himself by munching on a bunch of cacao pods. The birds nearby looked displeased. There was a big pendulum clock nearby the entrance. Although the windups and water clocks were invented a loooooong time ago, the production had stopped when the inventors saw that the buyers were lessening- who needs a clock only for measuring time when one could perfectly track it with their mind? No SilkWings ever bought one except for decoration, in fact. The tribe's internal clocks were way more accurate. 

Caribou still liked the rhythmical bonggggg bonggggg of it, though. Sleet had lost interest and was strolling towards him. 

"I've finished looking around. Shame there's not a single petrel or penguin around here. What next, Caribou? Or can I head back, now?" Sleet mumbled, stopping in front of him.