Pilot

*character can look how you want just my inspo above*

1 Month after Darden Incindent:

Danielle's POV:

I walk up to firehouse 51 and go to the first firefighter I meet "Hi im Danielle Voight the new Candidate" "Oh, fantastic. Joe Cruz. We've been waiting for you." "Oh ok great" "So Danielle Voight? Is it?" "Dani, actually, I--" Cruz cuts me off and leads me inside"Okay, Danielle Voight, right this way. So, uh, gym's through there. There's a TV in the kitchen, but satellite's busted. Uh, equipment room. Rescue squad a-holes. They think they own that table" I notice a familliar face at the squad table and smile "Lieutenant Severide" he turns his head and smiles when he sees me. He stands up and comes over "look at you shorty your here at 51 now"  "You seriously need to stop calling me that" "I will when you grow" everyone looks at you confused "you two know eachother" Casey says "yeah Severide helped train my class in the academy" i explain "Kelly is she any good" Capp asks "The best" he says with a smirk "Only woman and beat every record that had been set" "Nice to have you on the team" Casey says to me.

Later on Ambo goes out on a call and Otis comes up to you. "Hey Dani i need your help with something" "sure whats up" i follow him out onto the app floor "Danielle Voight... it's all yours." I look down to see a class of children staring up at me not knowing what to do i ask "Um... who wants to try on a helmet?" I finally get the hange of this as Casey walks out onto the app floor "So this is called a pass alarm. Now, if a firefighter is totally still for more than 18 seconds, a loud alarm goes off until he moves again." "Why?" one of the kids ask me "Well, if he's hurt or trapped, we'll know where to find him." I turn it on and the kids cover there ears "That's loud. See, this house is special because it has a rescue squad.Squad three serves a big piece of the city.They're experts at water rescue, extraction, pretty much everything.They're, like, the best of the best." "Why aren't you with them?" another child asks me "Well I am just a candidate now but  I plan to be" Casey cuts me off "Dani last to show first to go That's the rescue squad." Kelly spins in his chair "You truck guys do such a good job getting everything ready for us.Why would we want to take that away from you?"  "Kids, you should know they make the rescue helmets extra big to fit their heads inside them." I start to notice the tension between the two as i am caught in the middle literally "There are two types of firefighters.Those who are on squad, and those who wish they were on squad." "Ooh." "Come on, kids." I say and show them the sqaud truck "Bet I get an application from her by the end of the month." "She wants you, you can have her."

The alarms go off for a car accident

I'm sat in the back of the rig as Casey speaks "Voight, shadow Mouch. Walk with a purpose, but don't run. Take it all in, know the details of the situation before you act. Oh, and Voight, don't be a crow." "what the hell" I mutter under my breath as we pull up to the scene of the collision on a bridge above the water. I'm shadowing Mouch like Casey said and the car that we are at has no driver. "The water" Mouch says to me and i notice the drivers side door is open right on the edge of thr bridge overlooking the water "He's in the water"mouch yells towards chief Boden"Who?"Severide asks "The driver. He was ejected." Mouch yells "We think we got one in the river. Go." Boden orders Kelly "We're on it!" Severide says. He gets in his scuba gear and squad 3 sets up a harness in order to dive to find the driver just as kelly goes over the edge the other car that Truck is working on explodes sending us all back then i notice the drivers grey suit jacket hidden behind the seat. I look into the crowd of people and see a guy in a matching grey suit but his jacket is missing. He notices my stare and starts to walk away I drop my jacket and chase after him "That's the driver. Stop that guy." I yell to the cops working the crowd as the guy starts running but they don't hear me i speed up and catch up to the driver and tackle him.I pin him down as two cops come over and arrest him."We got the driver.He's in custody." i say over the radio. "Cancel the dive.No one is in the water." Boden says over the radio to squad whilst looking over at Mouch. I walk back over to the wreck as the rest of truck 81 get the little girl out and put her into the ambo. "Hey good work" Casey says "Thanks Lieutenant" we all pack up and head back to the station.