2

A/n: she speaks in "l¡ttle form" all the time but I won't write like it every time.

***

-Y/n Pov-

I must have dozed off after eating, the flickering fire lulling me to sleep.

When I opened my eyes again, night had fallen fully outside. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and glanced around.

To my surprise, another tall man stood across the room staring down at me.

But the man I remember was a monster that was pale and really really tall with a blank-face, his skin like white crayon

Was he Rui? Did he save me from kind monster

R-You're awake little one, and I am the kind monster. So that u remember.

He spoke, voice deep and smooth as velvet. I blushed bashfully, unused to strangers yet drawn to this mysterious figure.

Its like he read my mind

Y-H-hello. Are you Rui?

My small voice seemed to startle him from his thoughts.

He cocked his head, regarding me in a way that made my tummy feel fluttery and strange.

R-Yes child, I'm Rui. I found you lost in the woods,

He replied with care. I remembered little flashes - bright eyes watching, being held so gentle yet strong. My rescuer.

Y-Thank you for saving me, mister. I was scared.

Rui glided nearer, crouching to meet my gaze.

R-You're safe now, there's no need for fear. Would u like to see me human form more or monster form?

Y-I like bof

His assurance comforted me more than words.

I decided I liked Rui, wanting to know this man who found me.

But then another guy appeared, taking us both by surprise. His energy felt colder now as he stared down Rui.

He was a white monster to, with red hair...like a red crayon

like a red crayon