000. The Illusion of Power

WILD & WICKED / © yllwjckts000 ⸻ The Illusion of Power

000 ⸻ The Illusion of Power

"And when I'm back in Chicago, I feel itAnother version of me, I was in itI wave goodbye to the end of beginningYou take the man out of the city,Not the city out the man"

Another version of me, I was in it
I wave goodbye to the end of beginning
You take the man out of the city,
Not the city out the man"

— "End of Beginning", DJO

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚. ───

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

November 1956 ✦ Hollyvale Manor

The elder vampire's hands had a death grip around the younger, while hers clutched the weapon that would be his undoing. A stake, she had brought to bed with them as the sun rose in the horizon, dimmed from the curtains stretched across the stained glass window.

Hours had gone past, with Lux in that damned bed, waiting. Biding her time. Talking herself into changing the course of her future.

It was midday now, where the humans would be awake, and Lux should be asleep. Exhaustion would have typically caught up to her by now, but the only thing she could feel was the pure, unrelenting adrenaline coursing through her bloodless veins.

The taste of freedom was on the tip of her tongue, dancing around in excitement. A buzz that even Philip had noticed, muttering something into her ear about the trembles she couldn't restrain.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," she had reassured him with the smallest, daintiest of kisses on his lips, moving her head against the pillow so the bulge of the stake could not be seen.

Lux had been prepared for a battle. There was a chance he would have noticed the weapon. There was a chance he would have fought back, something she had never even considered doing in the three hundred years that she'd first become his. She may not have been made of iron and will, but Philip certainly was — and he would not go down without a fight.