Chapter 1

TW: Blood, death,

Yo, listening to pendulum while writing this

As the sun rose over the horizon, the beautiful pitch black juvenile Verscervus raced through the fields of candy pink peonies and dove-white daisies, the morning dews sparkled on top of the emerald sheen of the fresh grass.

He enjoyed brushing his pelt against the little droplets and then shaking the water back out.

When drizzled with the clear droplets, Dekahi's fur was slicked like oily black paint splashed onto a canvas.

His happy calls to the fiery globe still rising high into the sky were filled with the joy of knowing there was a tomorrow from yesterday.

Then his world shattered. it wasn't real anymore.

No no no no

NO

His claws were at his head, blood, blood everywhere.

Shreds of ripped up Verscervus littered the grass stained with the sticky crimson liquid.

Dekahi could still make out the figures of his parents, he could see his mothers clear blue ocean eyes, now gazing into nothingness. Flecked with spatters of blood.

The horns were still there, his fathers more prominent ones lay just a few feet away, the soaked ivory shimmered with blood, one had been snapped in half.

The Ortarouk snapped its jaws shut once more as it leaped at Dekahi.

CRUNCH

Dekahi shrieked as he felt the black blood splatter him, his eyes weren't working, he couldn't see, the clogging warmth coming from what appeared to be the Ortarouks snapped neck.

R.....IIPPPP

He wouldn't look, he couldn't, he knew what was happening. The orta's limp slit eye splatted against him, he could see a bit now that the black gloop was clearing up.

The Orta's body wasn't a body anymore, it had been so badly mutilated, he didn't even know.

The Orta's eyes now squished into the wet grass.

He threw up.

Everywhere.

Too much blood

Too much

He screamed and screamed and screamed

He threw up again, over and over again

Then he shut down, an emotionless husk.