11. Return of Thunder: Part I

"So, you guys are back in town." Jaylyn said as she felt someone watching her from near to her position on the beach.

Jaylyn was turning around to see that indeed, Hunter was standing there with a familiar grin on his face. "Hang on, where's your brother?" She asked and at the words, Hunter looked almost offended.

"Hey! I'm the one who came to see you and you're worried about him?" Hunter asked as she was laughing at how offended he seemed.

"Relax, Hunter. Take a chill pill, man." She said and she was shaking her head. "I'm just messing with you." Hunter's face changed to an expression of relief, when he heard that and she laughed again. "It's good to see you outside of a computer screen." She said and he awkwardly offered her a hug, which she accepted. "So... What are you guys doing back in town?"

"Choobo contacted us randomly out of the blue and said that he wanted to meet. So we went and he insisted that he wanted to change sides." Hunter explained and she was stopping in place, before she was turning around to stare at him. "I know. I know. I am almost a hundred percent sure that was exactly what my face looked like when he told me and Blake but I'm not messing with you." He said and she was crossing her arms over her chest, before she was nodding.

"Do you believe him?" Jaylyn asked and Hunter shrugged. "Hunter, you guys can't just go into this situation with a half-baked plan. That's how people get hurt, that is how the two of you get hurt." She said and he was looking at her, tilting his head to the side.

"Call me crazy, but you almost sound worried about us Fireheart." Hunter said and she was shrugging her shoulders.

"Is that really a bad thing?" Jaylyn asked and he laughed.

"I guess not. Oh, that definitely looks like Blake is coming back." A familiar navy blue streak of light was landing in front of them. "How did it go with Tori?" Hunter asked.

Jaylyn's morpher beeped and she raised her eyebrows. "What's up?" She asked bluntly as the two Thunders turned around to look at her, watching and waiting.

"I need help to fix Dustin's bike. He is absolutely going to kill me now, if he sees the complete state that it's in, I need a real mechanic's help." Tori's voice came through and Jaylyn looked knowingly at Blake, who looked like he was about to either burst with laughter or run away screaming. "Please, Jaylyn? You're the best one-woman pit crew that I have ever seen."

"Fine. Meet me at Storm Chargers later." Jaylyn agreed bluntly, much to the relief of Tori and then the morpher stopped. "Blake Bradley, what the hell did you do?" She asked and Blake was looking mischievous and guilty, all at once.

"I may or may not have accidentally scared her. And then, causing her to lose control of the bike and she landed on her hands." Blake said and Jaylyn groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose between her forefinger and thumb. "But she's right, the bike is in really bad shape. You probably should get to her before Dustin does." He said and Jaylyn rolled her eyes.

"Fine, Blake. But you owe me money for the parts, because Dustin is going to kill me and Tori both!" Jaylyn said, jabbing her finger at him and Blake shrugged. Jaylyn disappeared towards Storm Chargers and she found that Tori was already there, right along with Dustin who was ripping into her for the state of his bike.

"Enough, Dustin!" Jaylyn called out and Dustin turned around to look at her, clearly surprised that she was there. "If Tori pays for the parts and I fix it up as good as new or even better, could you please stop shouting?" She asked and Dustin sighed at the words, before he nodded in agreement and she nodded. "Good. Now go and get the hell out of my way, so that I can get to work." She suggested.