Chapter-2

Guys, Ikn the first chapter was short and I apologise for that. Main pehli baar likh rahi hun... not habitual to it... but I'll try my best to make them longer......
________________________________________
The sun rays were peaking in from the window and disturbed someone's sleep. Anika woke up groggily and checked the time. The clock showed it was 9 am, way past her normal waking time. 

She sighed, got off the bed and went to freshen up. Coming out she checked her phone for messages and found that she had one from Mr Kapoor. It said that he will be here by 11. So she almost had 2 hrs before she had to meet him.

She kept her phone on the table and went about doing her daily routine. It was 10.30 by the time she was ready and still had half an hour to kill. She was really nervous and was pacing around the room.

Tired she sat down and decided to video call her friends. Shivi picked the call on second ring and said sarcastically, 'Ooh ho, to Madam ko call karne ka finally time mil hi gaya.'

Anika rolled her eyes while saying, 'Yeah, Morning to you too. Now where is Vansh?.'
'At least kisi ko to yadd hun', Vansh said sitting besides Shivi. Both laughed hearing him. 'Vaise aaj yadd kaise aayi hamari?' Vansh  spoke again.

'Actually.... Vo.... I applied for Chanakya University.... To agar mera selection ho gaya to I'll be in Mumbai soon..' saying this Anika trailed off with smile. There was a moment of silence and then Shivi squealed, 'OMG.... Finally apne meri sunli bhagwan aur is ladki ko akaal pradaan kari..... aapka lakh lakh shukar hai'

Vash rolled his eyes at his dramatic cousin but was happy about it. 'But what about your Father Anika? Kya vo manenge?'. Anika was quiet for a moment and then replied, 'Vo aaj aa rahe hain... main unse baat kar lungi Vansh. Aur vaise bhi main scholarship ke liye apply karne wali hun.... So he shouldn't have a problem.'
Shivi: 'If he doesn't agrees just give us a call I'll ask my father to deal with him.'
Anika: 'Jarurat nahi padegi but sure'. she replied with a smile. She knew Shivi might just do that.

And then they drifted off to other topics and did not realise that it was already 12.30. 'God, we have been talking for over 2 hrs... chalo I'll end the call....baad main baat karte hain...' saying this Anika ended their call after they finished their goodbyes.

Anika frowned, as Mr Kapoor was supposed to be here more than an hour ago but still wasn't here. She didn't give it much thought and went in the kitchen to cook some lunch for herself. It was already 2 by the time she finished eating and realised that Mr Kapoor had not reached.

She checked her phone, but he had not dropped any messages. She thought for a while and decided to call him.......
After hesitating for few minutes, she finally manages to hit the call button. The phone rings but no one answers the phone. She shrugs off her disappointment and cuts the call.
__________________________________________
KAPOOR MANSION
Ranvijay had finished his breakfast and was getting ready to leave. He was coming downstairs when he saw Arhaan entering the house.
Arhaan: 'Bade papa aap iss waqt kahan jaa rahe hain?'
Ranvijay : 'kuch kaam hai mujhe.... Har koi tumhari tarah bewaqt thodi chalta hai.' He said rudely. He did not like the fact that Arhaan worked in entertainment industry. Hurt flickered in his eyes for a moment but he hid it.

Rudra: 'Vo kaam se kaam rishto ki ijaat karna to janta hai. Aur aapko Pune main kaunsa kaam agya Mr.Kapoor?.' Rudra asked as he had heard the whole conversation.

Before anyone could say anything Gayatri came there and said, 'Rudra unhe jahan jana hai jane do.' 'Jii' saying this Rudra left from there. He might be a successful businessman, but had yet to learn to defy his mother. 'Aru, tu Rudra ke paas ja beta.'
'Jii, Badi maa' saying this Arhaan left.

Gayatri gave a look to Ranvijay and left from there. Ranvijay took a deep breath and moved out. He knew he couldn't mend his relations anymore, that one incident had taken his son away from him, and he blamed Ruhanika for it. If not for her things would not have turned so bitter.

Rudra had gone to the balcony. He had long go broken off things with his father, when he came to know about his affair. He could never forgive his father for what he did to his mother or his behaviour towards Aru. No one has the right to insult them.

Rudra was still thinking all this when he felt someone hugging him from the back. He knew it was Aru. Rudra turned and caressed his head. 'Kaisa hai tu Aru?'. 'Thik hun main bhaiya. Aap bade papa ki baton ko dil pe maat lijiye. Mujhe adat hai unke taane sunne ki.' Rudra sighed.

He sometimes wondered how his little brother always managed to be so carefree and kind.
'Chal thik hai. Tu ja ke rest kar. Kafi thaka lag raha hai...' he was cut short by the ringing of his phone.

It was his head of security calling. 'Yes, Dutta?' He tensed hearing what Dutta said, 'Thik hai, main atta hun' saying this he cut the call. He told Aru to follow him and went down stairs searching for his mother. Gayatri was instructing the servants, but stoped seeing Rudra's tensed face.

Rudra dismissed the servants and told Gayatri, 'Ma, Mr. Kapoor ka accident hua hai. Unhe hamare hospital le jaya ja raha hai. Maan ko already inform kar diya hai. Main hospital jaa rahan hun.' He was about to leave when Gayatri stopped him.

'Main bhi aa rahi hun Rudra.' she said in a firm voice. Rudra nodded and went out. Gayatri turned to Aru and said, 'Tum avi ko call karke bataao, vo aaj jaldi chala gaya tha office. Aur beta, tum abhi aye ho fresh ho jao jake. Uske baad hi kuch aur krna. Thik hai?. Aru also nodded and left making a call.

Gayatri and Rudra reached the hospital. Abhimaan was already waiting for them outside the OT. 'Kya update hai maan?' Gayatri asked. 'Badi Ma, bahut bura accident hua hai unka, kafi khun bhe juka hai aur jabb tak surgery puri nahi ho jati tabh tak kuch kahan nahi jaa sakta.' Maan replied, sounding tired. He had just finished a long surgery when he had received Dutta's call.

Gayatri nodded and caressed his face and asked him to go home and sleep and to tell Aru to do the same. Maan did not want to leave but one look from Gayatri and he left. Rudra had not spoken a single word the entire time.

Two hours pass by and it was afternoon. The doctor finally came out and Gayatri asked him about Ranvijay's condition.
Doc: 'He has suffered some serious injuries and has lost a lot of blood. We have done the best we can. The next 24hrs are critical. If he doesn't regains consciousnesses he will slip into coma or we may lose him.' Saying this he left. Gayatri just nodded and sat down.

Rudra was talking on the phone asking the details of the accident. Some time later Dutta came and said, 'Sir, Mr Kapoor ki car ko ek truck ne takkar mari thi. Truck ke breaks fail ho gaye the. The driver did not make it. It was purely an accident and there's no foul play suspected.' he reported. Rudra nodded and Dutta left.

Soon Rudra went and sat near Gayatri and hugged her, as he was really tired. Both did not say a word as they knew it was a waiting game.
__________________________________________

So here we go... done with another chapter.

Kaisa laga??
Do comment and tell.
And I'll update the next chapter when the target for votes is completed.

Target
Votes: 20