two

[tiny A/N→All my 'medical' scenes will come from The Resident & Grey's Anatomy]

[also, I know its early but should AJ propose before or after Chandler does?]

[or should they get married in Vegas and just not get an annulment?]

"Good morning."AJ greets his patient as they walk into the school.

"Good morning. Are you ready to face a bunch of teens?"

"Nope."

Soon he finds himself in front of the science class that his patient, Josh Lewis, teaches.

"Career day. Exciting, right?"Josh asks as AJ stands behind him."Time for you guys to think about your future. And I want you to aim high."

AJ smiles.

"For example, you could be a doctor like..."Josh turns to AJ."Dr Bing here, who diagnosed my heart condition early."

AJ gives a gentle three finger wave to the kids as Josh smiles at him.

"And, God willing, he's gonna be the man that saves my life. So...let's give him a warm welcome."

The students give a very lackluster applause. And AJ can't fault them because its their first class so not everybody is excited.

"Okay, one more time or we're gonna do a pop quiz on the periodic table."

AJ laughs as they start cheering and clapping more enthusiastically.

"All right. You guys are wound up now."Josh turns to AJ again."They're all yours. Good luck."

Josh walks to the back of the room as AJ steps forward. To be honest, he has no idea how to speak to these kids because none of them seem to be much interested in talking about their futures.

"When I was your age, I was actually in pre-med."he starts."And its not an easy thing-the decision to be a doctor because you have to dedicate close to 12 years of your life just to become qualified and that's not even when the real work begins."

He laughs a little, remembering his first day as an intern.

"On my first day working in an actual hospital-I lost my first patient. She came in, wanting drugs and you know, I thought that I could help her but I was wrong. I gave her chest compressions trying to find a rhythm and unfortunately when I did, she had already gone 23 minutes without oxygen which meant that she was braindead."

AJ sees that he's started to capture their attention. 

"My resident didn't give me an easy out by telling her family. She told me that I had to do it. And let me tell you, telling a family that their 17 year old daughter was dead its not easy. You'd think that that would scare me off but it served as my purpose to become a better doctor so that I'd never have to lose another patient."