five

Rachel stood behind AJ, gently massaging his shoulders as Chandler watched Monica mix the salad that they were going to have with the dinner she's making

"Okay guys."Ross calls.

"All right, bring it on, you."Chandler says as the four of them walk over to the living area.

Monica sat on the armchair while Phoebe and Chandler sat on the sofa and AJ sat behind them on a kitchen chair with Rachel next to him. AJ leans on the back of the sofa with his elbows.

Ross clears his throat as he wipes his hands.

"Here we go."

He takes a breath before he plays a single note then stops.

"You know, I've never played my stuff for anyone before so its important that you understand it's about communicating...very private emotions."

Everyone nods and hums in agreement and they move forward as he's about to play the note again but doesn't.

"You know, um,  you should think of, um, my work as wordless sound poems."

"Oh, my God. Play!"Chandler says as he stops again.

When he starts playing, everyone is in shock...and not in the good way. AJ folds his hands in front of his mouth to stop Ross from seeing his smile.

Once he stops, the room is quiet. AJ sees Rachel's body moving as she hides her laugh behind her hand. It seems that Monica is taking the step to answer first.

"Boy, you know, th-that was, uh..."she struggles to find the words."terrific."

"Really....bitchin'."Chandler says.

"Wow!"Phoebe goes next."It was so...wow!"

"Really? I mean, really?"Ross asks, a huge smile on his face.

"Oh, yeah!"Rachel says."I mean, you should....play in public."

"Wow! Thanks, you guys!"Ross rants."That's, oh....oh, I want to play you another piece."

Both Atlas and Chandler widen their eyes as he says this.

"Um...oh! I left my helicopter sounds on another disk."Ross gets up."I'll be right back, okay?"

As they were talking about how bad Ross was. AJ's pager goes off.

"As much fun as this train wreck was, I need to go earn my paycheck."he says, getting up and putting the chair back.

"Okay. I'll see you later."Rachel says, kissing him.

Chandler looks on with his eyes comically widened as Monica and Phoebe smile.

"Bye guys."AJ waves at them before kissing Rachel again.