Chapter.17

They were all in loaded closely in the helicopter. 141 preparing themselves for the recon on Victor their next target...

Simon leaned back in his seat, his eyes closed as the helicopter lifted off. He could feel the vibrations of the blades through the floor, but it didn't bother him. He trusted y/n and her team to get the job done. He knew they were all highly trained professionals, and he had faith in their abilities.
As he drifted off to sleep, he couldn't help but wonder what they would find when they reached their destination. Would Victor be as formidable as they had been led to believe? Only time would tell.

"Simon, are you awake?" Y/n asked softly, shaking his shoulder gently. She could see that he was deep in thought, his eyes still closed. It's time to gear up." Simon opened his eyes and sat up straighter in his seat. I must have dozed off. Is everything ready?" "Yes, we're all set," y/n replied, patting him on the shoulder before moving to the front of the helicopter. She knew Simon was just as invested in their mission as she was, but sometimes he tended to get lost in his thoughts.

"Let's do this," Simon said, standing up and following y/n to the front of the helicopter. He could feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins as they prepared to land. The anticipation of what lay ahead was both exhilarating and terrifying, but he knew they couldn't back down now. They had come too far.

As the helicopter touched down on the dusty ground, Simon took a deep breath and stepped out, ready for whatever awaited them. Y/n was already scanning the area, her eyes darting from left to right. They were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by barren land and rugged terrain. But they had come here for a reason, and nothing was going to stop them from completing their mission.

"Looks like we're on our own," Simon said, his voice low and determined." He started walking towards the mountain range in the distance, knowing that their target was hidden somewhere among those jagged peaks. Y/n fell into step beside him, her boots crunching on the gravel beneath them. The sun was beating down on them, making the air hot and dry. But they pressed on, driven by their shared goal.

Y/n started to walk ahead, her eyes focusing on the range and surroundings around them.

*She did notice his quick glances at her direction, but she really didn't let it phase her. She continued to stay focused on the mission, keeping an eye out. She still wanted to ask him about his actions earlier, but she decided it would be better to ask him later when they had a chance to slow down and take a break.*

*It was pretty close to the time of night she had usually gone to sleep the night before. She felt kind of tired now, and the mission was slowly getting tense as they got closer to their target location. The tension in the air was pretty high right now, and this was where they would be really going at it now...*

*She tried to stay as focused as possible on her mission, though her tiredness was making it harder and harder to stay focused. She started to become a little drowsy and was having a hard time keeping up the same level of vigilance she had before. She continued to try and keep her eyes open and alert though, trying to ward off the sleepiness.*

*She was slowly starting to slip, the sleepiness starting to overcome her now. It felt like she was trying to keep her eyes open with sheer willpower and nothing else. She was starting to feel her vision blurring slowly and her mind getting more and more drowsy. The only thing keeping her awake was the alertness of the mission and her surroundings...*

*She started to slowly close her eyes, giving in to the sleepiness that she had been holding back until now. Her vision had become blurry now, and she couldn't really keep her eyes open anymore. Her body was slowly starting to become numb and weak from the tiredness, and she was starting to slip further into the drowsy state.*