My Wolf in Shining Armour 25

• Dedicated to those who voted :3

Please comment, fan and vote. :))

Shout out to

animelover99

LoveMeOrLoveMeNot

flyingpenguins17

Mai_Zka6

thank you and keep reading

PS: I'm sad to say this but this story is coming to an end. You can read my other story I Assumed Wrong. I'm still thinking of changing the title but still read it and tell me what you think. Thanks !

Chapter 25

James’ POV

This was an ambush. I should’ve ordered for my pack to take a sweep of the area. Worst case was our Beta, Charles, had orchestrated this. He and my dad were now talking through their minds.

‘What’s the meaning of this, Charles?’

‘Oh, I think you already figured that out, John. It would not have ended like this if it wasn’t because of that girl stopping the wedding,’

‘So you planned this, you traitor,’ My dad growled.

‘tsk tsk, temper alpha. I merely want what was really mine. I would’ve been the alpha of this pack if you didn’t come along and steal Jessica,’

‘My mom?’ I voiced my confusion. I was confused now on how my mom fit in the picture.

‘I see, you didn’t tell your son our treacherous past,’

‘I thought you moved on and I thought it best not to delve on it,’

‘I never moved on. I didn’t found my mate and Jessica had been my everything. You stole her from me and the title of being the alpha,’

Mom had been the only child of the past alpha—my grandfather. So, the one my mom mated would be the alpha. I remember her telling me a story about a black wolf who rescued a girl from being married to a man who was completely obsessed near madness with the girl. Was Charles that guy? Why didn’t she say anything?

‘I never stole anything from you. From the very start Jessica was mine,’ Dad growled and lunged again at Charles. They were fighting viciously, snapping teeth with each other.

That’s when a big man holding Taylor came. Oh shit, didn’t I told my pack to protect her. She’s the freaking target—I think. I just listened to them without removing my gaze to Charles. My dad was still the alpha—and my dad—and I have to protect him.

“Let me go you, moron. My family wasn’t rich and I didn’t do anything bad to you,” Taylor tried to reason out. She still doesn’t know that she had been the target all along.

Dad lunged at Charles with full force but he dodged the attack leaving him a scrape on the side. I was about to join in when my dad growled at me.

‘James, stay where you are. You have to watch for your mate not my back,’

I was about to protest but he growled using his alpha tone. I bent my head in submission.

“You didn’t do anything but you’ll help us conquer this pack,” I felt my wolf’s fury rise at that.

“And how would that be? Can’t you see? I’m a mere mortal. Didn’t you hear the ‘mere’ part or you’re just plain crazy? You’re pick, dude,” I really like her mouth. It can say smart snide and at the same time be very inviting to kiss. Er, right, not the time for day dreaming.