Chapter 11

Tiana stared out her bedroom window mindlessly, it's been three days since she heard anything from Jasmine and hadn't seen Trevor down at the bar. She was starting to wonder if she had gone too far or maybe she was just a steppingstone to reignite the spark in their relationship.

Her phone rung, she flipped it over seeing that it was her ex-mother-in-law. She answered it cheerfully, hearing her children in the background. A momentarily distraction sounded good to her in the moment.

"How's your vacation?"

Tiana held her head in her hand, smiling. "It's been great, really great." She answered.

Her mother-in-law hummed, "You've met anyone out there or you're just having fun?" she asked.

"I'm having the time of my life, ma. I'm not trying to be get entangled with anyone any time soon." Tiana chuckled.

Knowing full well, she wanted to be under Trevor this coming weekend but the way that things are playing out, it most likely wouldn't be happening. She wanted to see if things could progress and enjoy two and a half months filled with sex, good food and just time to herself. But mostly for the sex, she missed sex, not just the act but having another's body against her own.

"You really want me to believe that? I'll take it, I'm just happy that you're enjoying yourself. The girls are doing just fine, they're out to dinner with their father and that girl."

"Ma, I know I don't like her either but you're gonna have to start treating her better. You love your son, don't you?" Tiana asked.

"At this very moment, no, he's a jackass just like his damn daddy." She complained.

Tiana tried to hold in her laughter, but she snorted, and her mother-in-law joined in as well. She enjoyed that woman's company to the point that she wished that she had a mother like her. She was not one to bite her tongue if she was displeased with your actions.

"Well, I won't keep you long, I just wanted to check in with you. Stay safe, use protection but I wouldn't mind more grandkids." She said.

"No ma'am, goodbye and goodnight." Tiana nearly cackled as she ended the call.

An hour ticked by, and Tiana was becoming restless but she didn't want to think about what was and what could've been. She checked the time and as if on cue her stomach gurgled loudly. Lunch was calling her and Tiana thought that it was a good time to check out the restaurant inside the resort.

Changing into a V-neck, chic button, yellow dress. Tiana realized that yellow was indeed her happy color, not like the dark colors that Rasheed would often request to see her in. She hated how it looked on her, thinking of herself as bubbly person back then. Maybe those colors suited her at her lowest.

Sliding her feet into the matching sandals, she checked herself out in the mirror something she has been doing often these days. It's not like she was trying to look good for anyone, more so that she wanted to see herself looking good. After days of wearing sweatpants and spit up for the past couple years.

"Yeah, you're still fine. Two kids ain't stopping a thing." She said as she spun.

The bottom of her dress flared outwards before flowing back down. She grabbed her purse and made sure that her room key was inside before leaving. As she left her room, she headed for the elevator when the feeling of being watched returned.

Tiana didn't bother looking behind her before stepping onto the elevator, seemingly she always had the worst luck of getting stuck alone with him. The doors closed slowly while she stared at broad shoulders from the back of the small metal box.