Chapter 32

Multiple POVS for this chapter

*************
Irfan's Pov

It's early in the morning and I sit here in the massive garden of our family house. I'm swirling my coffee in the mug, my mind a whirlwind of questions. Why does she seldom visit? Why the endless stream of excuses when I suggests a date? It wasn't like her to avoid me, to dodge my calls and make excuses about being busy. I needed answers. Was something wrong with her? Was it me?
Doubts gnaw at my heart, wondering if something has changed, if our connection is slipping away. I try to understand, but the uncertainty lingers, leaving me feeling lost and yearning for the closeness we once shared.

Around 9 am I decided to visit my twin's house. Maybe she knows why Psyche is being MIA on me. I noticed that they're close to each other.

As I stepped into my twin sister's house, the air seemed charged with anticipation. But that anticipation quickly turned into confusion as I noticed framed photos adorning the walls—photos of my girlfriend and my twin, smiling together, as if they were a couple.  I checked the other photos and every photo felt like a dagger to my heart, each one a painful reminder of the betrayal unfolding before my eyes. Betrayal from both my girlfriend and my own flesh and blood.

As I walked further into the garden, I'm shaking in fear and in anger and the sight before me felt like a betrayal of the highest order. There she was, the love of my life, locked in an embrace with my own flesh and blood - my twin sister. 

As the adrenaline surged through my veins, I couldn't believe what I was witnessing.  The shock quickly turned into rage, and without a second thought, I lunged forward, fists clenched. Every punch thrown was a mixture of betrayal and confusion. How could they do this to me? It wasn't until later, amid the chaos and the bruises, that I learned the truth—my twin and my girlfriend had married, believing I was lost in a plane crash. The pain of that realization cut deeper than any physical blow.
Anger, confusion, and heartbreak waged war within me as I grappled with the truth that had been kept from me for so long.

When I reached my parent's home I immediately look for them. Now I paces back and forth, my face twisted in anger. My parents, sit on the couch, looking concerned.

Irfan: (yelling) How could you keep this from me huh?! How could you let me believe she was still my girlfriend when she was married to my own sister?!

Daddy Apollo: (trying to calm him down) Irfan son, please, sit down and let's talk about this calmly.

Irfan: (pointing accusingly) No, I won't sit down! I can't believe you'd lie to me like this! And you! (turns to his mother) How could you let this happen?!

Mommy Melanie: (tearfully) Irfan, we didn't know how to tell you. We thought you were gone forever, and when we found out your alive and still ill, we wanted you to heal first before we  break it to you.

Daddy Apollo: Anak, when you're gone, Psyche's father, Morten demanded us to do something because that time Psyche was already pregnant with your child. When he knew that Ares is your twin, he forced us, especially your twin Ares to marry his daughter. Pinilit naming hiwalayan ni Ares ang long time girlfriend niya na si Clio para matupad ang gusto ni Morten dahil kung hindi pababagsakin niya ang kompanya natin. You know how powerful they are anak. Si Ares ang sumambot at sumalo sa lahat ng responsibilidad mo. From being Morten's apprentice and receiving the end of his wrath, to be a husband, and a father to your child.

Irfan: (frustrated and shocked) Putangina, may anak ako? May anak kami ni Psyche. Siya ba yung bata sa mga picture frame sa bahay nila? Tangina sagutin niyo ako. Ano pa? Ano pa ang hindi ko alam at itinatago niyo?
And what Dad? Should I be thankful to that bastard? Kahit ano pang ginawa niya noong wala ako ang end point pa rin ay kinuha niya ang pamilya ko.