Chapter 33

Multiple Povs ahead

*****************
Ares' Pov

As a twin sister caught in the middle of this love triangle, I feel torn. On one hand, there's a bond between siblings that's hard to break, but on the other, love has a way of complicating everything. The rivalry with my twin brother over the same woman has intensified, straining our relationship even further. It's like we're competing for affection, but at what cost? My heart aches with the weight of a bond fractured. Once, we were inseparable, two halves of a whole, but now, our  connection feels like a cruel joke. I can't help but wonder if our connection as twins will ever be the same again.

Every glance, every touch, every shared moment with her feels like a battleground where we compete for her affections. It's agonizing to see the brother I once shared everything with now as a rival, each of us vying for her attention, her love.

As we locked eyes whenever we're competing for Psyche's attention, I could feel the tension crackling between us, a silent battle of wills. Every smile, every laugh she directed at him felt like a dagger in my chest. My twin brother, always one step ahead, effortlessly charming her with his easy grin and smooth words. But I refused to back down, determined to win her over with my own unique charm, even if it meant competing with the one person who knew me better than anyone else.

Ilang beses ba ako nagparaya para sa kakambal ko at para sa kapakanan ni AIE? May mga panahon na I need to cancel my plans for my own wife and my daughter dahil bigla silang kakaunin ni Irfan para lumabas, those dinner dates that I was stood up because hindi sila nakauwing mag-ina sa akin cause they're with him, sa dami, hindi ko na mabilang.

Watching my wife laugh with my twin brother, I struggle to contain the storm of emotions raging within me. It's a constant battle against the jealousy that threatens to consume me, knowing that they share a bond that I'll never truly understand. Every smile she gives him feels like a dagger to my heart, a painful reminder of their past that still haunted us. But despite the turmoil, I must hold back my temper and bury my jealousy deep down, for the sake of my daughter who innocently adores them both, unaware of the tangled web of relationships that surrounds her. So I smile, I nod, and I pretend that everything is fine, even though inside, I'm torn apart.

***************
It's Thursday and kakatapos lang ng lunch business meeting namin with investors. I'm with my new business partner Sofia Luna. Nagpaalam na ako rito na babalik na ako ng kompanya at iniwan na siya doon.

While walking outside the restaurant, I spotted Irfan with my wife and my daughter eating happily in an Italian restaurant across the street.

May bonding pala sila ulit. I was not inform. I sit on a secluded bench, sa hindi nila ako mapapansin agad. I look like a creep or spy but wala akong pakialam. I can't stop my eyes to be filled with tears as I watch my wife and my daughter, laughing and bonding with my twin brother, Irfan. They look so perfect and my heart is slowly breaking.

I'm looking at them for a couple of minutes ng bigla na lang nagdilim ang paningin ko nang may malambot na kamay ang nagtakip sa aking mga mata. I was alarmed but then feel relax when I hear her soothing voice.

"Close your eyes to the things that hurt you, no matter how beautiful the view is" hayag ng isang malambing na boses ng  babae na nagmumula sa likod ko.

After a few minutes, tinanggal niya ang mga palad niya sa aking mata and give me a handkerchief para punasan ang aking mga luha bago ito umupo sa tabi ko.

Sofia: Are you okay?

Ares: [Sniffling, trying to compose herself] Yeah, I'm fine. Just... watching my family.