𝑲𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

"Amid courtly intrigues, a bond blooms, guiding through shadows of uncertainty."

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧*.·:·.*✧ ✦ ✧.·:═╝

As Daella strolled through the corridors of the castle, her two ladies by her side, a knight's voice pierced the air, calling for her attention. With a nod to her friends, she excused herself, promising to rendezvous with them later. Following the summons, she made her way to her father's chambers, a place she hadn't visited much since her mother's passing.

Upon entering, Daella found Viserys seated at his table, engrossed in his sculpting. His greeting was strained, a thin smile masking deeper emotions. "Ah, Daella, there you are," he began, his tone laced with awkwardness.

Bowing her head respectfully, Daella responded, "Your Grace, what can I do for you?"

Viserys sighed heavily, setting aside his work to address his daughter. "Daella, I called upon you to discuss something important. I want you to select a knight for yourself, much like Rhaenyra has done."

Daella's brow furrowed in confusion. "But why, Father? Rhaenyra didn't choose her knight until she was older than I am now."

Another sigh escaped Viserys, his frustration evident. "I simply thought it would be a prudent measure to ensure your protection," he explained, his tone tinged with exasperation.

"Protection from what, Father?" Daella pressed, her own frustration rising. "What exactly do you fear?"

Viserys bristled at her defiance. "From any potential threats, Daella! Now, please, I ask that you fulfill this task."

Daella held her father's gaze for a moment, her expression a mixture of disbelief and indignation, before scoffing and turning to leave, determined to carry out his wishes, albeit begrudgingly.

Daella reunited with her friends and relayed the encounter with her father, venting her frustration and seeking solace in their company. "Can you believe it?" she exclaimed, irritation evident in her tone. "After all this time, he suddenly decides I need a knight for protection."

Her friends listened sympathetically, though they couldn't help but find some humor in the situation. "It's not funny," Daella insisted, her frustration palpable. "We haven't spoken in ages, and now he's just dictating my life."

Aurora couldn't contain her amusement, offering a teasing remark. "Oh, but Daella, think of the possibilities! You might end up with a handsome knight at your service."