trois

As the school bell rings in his ears, Kyle flicks his eyes up from the teacher to the door.

"Alright class," Mr Garrison says, "You're dismissed."

Kyle jumps up from his seat and runs down the hall, barreling towards Stan's locker.

"Hey," he greets, scarring the fuck out of Stan.

"Jesus Christ! Uh- hey, Kyle."

Kyle looks at the clock. "Uh, look. My mom wants me to come straight home. We're making a cake for Ike's birthday."

Stan starts to grab books and binders, shoving them in his messy Bronco's backpack. "Oh, cool."

"Dude," Kyle says, "I'd rather hang out with you than make a stupid cake."

Stan laughs. "Well, Mom wanted me to stop by and pick up groceries anyway. See you tomorrow?"

Kyle nods and waves a quick farewell. He walks away slowly, but once out of Stan's sight, he bolts to the back doors of the school.

Kyle crouches down, staring at the other exit. Once he sees Bebe Stevens leave, he draws out a handkerchief.

He tails her, staying a good distance behind in case she starts to suspect something.

And, the second Bebe turns the corner to an empty street, Kyle strikes.

He hugs her from behind and grabs the handkerchief, pushing it on her face until he's left with her limp body.

Kyle knows he needs to get home fast to have a tight alibi. So, he quickly grabs her by the arms straight into the wooded area.

Once Kyle spots the box he planted earlier in the day, he opens it up and wastes no time stuffing Bebe inside. He hears some of her bones cracking and grimaces.

He then closes the box, tight, and grabs it firmly. Kyle continues to walk in the woods with the box. But, right when he's by his backyard, Kyle sneaks to his front door, opening it.

"Hello bubby, what have you got there?" She asks him.

"Remember the medium fridge I ordered? It came in the mail."

Sheila nods, "Oh yes. I'm glad we're finally putting the basement space to use. A cool hangout space, huh?"

"Yeah," Kyle says. "I can't wait till' it's finished. I'll bring it downstairs and then make the cake. I'll work out the mechanics later."

"Alright bubby."

Kyle walks down the stairs one step at a time, each groaning with the weight of two people. Ah, correction: one person and a fridge.

When Kyle reaches the end of the stairs, he walks Bebe over to the corner of the room. He drags out a bloody, green backpack and unzips it carefully.

Kyle's breath is coming faster as he gets the adrenaline rush. He closes his hands around the handle and brings out a knife.

Lining it up against the box, Kyle's hand begins to shake.

He loves the thrill, the risk, the mystery. But most importantly, he loves watching the life drain out of their eyes.

Too bad he won't for this one.

Kyle makes one final adjustment to the position, angling the knife just where her neck should be.

3.

2.

1.

Kyle pushes the knife into the cardboard, hearing flesh being ripped apart.