Prologue

A group agents from the Doppelganger Detection Department were huddled over the entrance of a building, preventing civilians from coming closer from what seem to be a gruesome scene from their view. Red fluid was splattered all over area with a few agents lying down in an odd position with some of their hazmat suit scratched open along with their body parts slashed open.
The naustic smell was starting to spread causing some of the civilians to back away a bit more. It was enough for me see my kind struggling from the grasp of the agents, only to be injected by some sort serum that kept him from moving, paralyzed but their eyes still open, staring right back at where I was.

    It was a pity seeing another one failed to survive trying to surpass the well-known doorman that was hired ever since of our arrival in 1955.Not a single doppelganger has ever fooled him before. Honestly, it would be a death wish to meet him.

    I stood there still, blending actions with the crowd as the agents took him away. I saw my kind trying to move their lips and was trying to say something but the crowd's noise made it inaudible for me to hear. I watched its lips move, deciphering what they were saying.

꒷︶꒷꒥꒷‧₊˚꒷︶꒷꒥꒷‧₊˚
    That was the time I decided to do the audacious plan.

Be the doorman.