\6/

I looked at Jack, "Oh, okay." I sucked in my lips.

"I know. It doesn't sound good. But please do it for me." He pulled me in for a hug and kissed my head."I only love and have eyes for you." He pulled back and put his hands on my waist, "I'll visit you frequently, I love you." He kissed my forehead.

"Please do." I went on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"I think I should start heading home." He rolled his eyes, "Madeline's over there. She's been trying to convince me to get over you. I never will."

I smiled, "Neither will I." I remembered I wanted to give Jack a hoodie that I got custom-made."Ooh. Right. I wanted to give you something. Give me a few seconds." I ran to my room to get it, I heard his laugh. I came back with the hoodie,"Here you go!" He unfolded the hoodie, with a smile, "If you look at the rim of the hood it has our initials on it." I traced the hood.

He leaned down to kiss me again, "God, I can't stand this. I just want to be with you forever. This hoodie means a lot." I hugged him.

"You mean a lot to me." I paused, "You should go. Before she gets suspicious." I pointed to his phone, "She's been blowing up your phone."

He sighed, "Okay..I'll make sure she doesn't touch your stuff." He kissed my cheek and I kissed him back. He put the hoodie on and walked to the elevator. I watched as the doors closed, I felt at peace. Gosh, I love him. I went to go sit on my couch, I heard a knock on my door. I groaned and stood up.

I unlocked my door to see Cartier, I smoothed my hair out, "Oh. Cartier! Hi." I stood there awkwardly before opening the door for him, "Please come in."
He stepped in, he was holding an animal travel crate of some kind."What's in there." I pointed at it.

He smiled, "It's for you." He set it down and opened it. A small, white-furred, golden retriever. "He's a rescue, I already have 2. I felt that you might want him." I crouched down and put my hand out for him to smell it. The dog inched closer to me, and then licked my hand.

Eventually, he jumped into my hands, "Awww. Thank you, Cartier! He's so precious." The dog licked my face, I laughed, "I'm gonna name him Elio. It means sun and he's so energetic." Elio kept licking my face.

Cartier smiled, "No problem." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Since you have a dog now, I was thinking we could go on a shopping trip for Elio." I stood up while carrying Elio.

"That sounds great, actually. Do you have a leash?"

"Uh yeah." He passed me a burgundy leash and make makeshift matching collar. I put the collar on El and then clipped the leash on. I looked up to see a smile on Cartier's face.
>>>
PERSPECTIVE SWITCH: Jackman Thomas Harlow
>>>
I walked to my kitchen to grab a snack. I saw
Madeline wearing a hoodie of mine. Dearra used to wear the same one when she stayed over. I'll be washing that. I walked to the pantry to get a moon pie. I picked that snack out because Dearra always told me to not eat them.

Madeline grabbed the moon pie out of my hand, "The fuck was that for? " I snatched it back.

"You can't not eat proper food. You haven't eaten since our flight back-" She paused, "Where did you get that hoodie? You were wearing a new balance one before we left."

I smirked, "It's from my girlfriend. My real one." I took a bite of my moonpie, "Why are you wearing Dearra's hoodie?"

She furrowed her brow, "This is yours."

"Yeah. It's mine. But Dearra's"

She rolled her eyes, "Stop talking about her!" She balled her hands into fists, "She's out of the picture!" I groaned.