Chapter 2 - Dodgy Introductions

"And what better way to welcome all our newcomers with some friendly games of..." Sanu opened a trunk near him.

"Dodgeball!" He exclaimed, taking out two foam balls and holding them up.

"Hooray!"

"Yes!" Several members cheered.

"I never knew Cherryton had a dodgeball craze also." Tao the panther remarked excitedly from the group of first years.

"That's right! We have the same craze as anywhere else. Hiiyah! Ha!" Sanu shouted and tossed one dodgeball at Louis hitting him in the shin and the other at Mokichi which bounced off his foot. Louis and Mokichi flinched back, surprised at Sanu's sudden attack on them with foam balls. Mokichi watched the foam ball that struck him sail harmlessly away and end up resting against the nearest wall. He shrugged off the pelican's unprecedented attack with a calm and cool dusting off of where the ball had struck him. Louis on the other hand didn't appear to be pleased with Sanu at this and gave him a sharp glare.

"Is it just me or does everything that comes out of that pelican's mouth sound unbelievably corny?" Aoba whispered to Tao who snickered back.

"Sure seems that way." Tao agreed.

"Well that unprecedented attack on Mokichi and I was truly uncalled for," Louis said. "And dodgeball? Can't we figure out something more intellectual and civilized to welcome the first years?"

"We all discussed it earlier and no one had any better ideas," Sanu explained. "Besides, we all can use the exercise."

"He's right!" Bill spoke loudly. "There's nothing us first years would enjoy more than smacking each other with dodgeballs! It's probably the best way to get to know one another through the pain we all inflict on one another."

"I can't have put it better myself! Wait, what?" Sanu exclaimed, realizing what Bill had said.

"Getting through this club session will be enough of a "pain." Louis realized. The foam ball that Sanu had unceremoniously thrown at him was lying right below him. "Hmm?" Louis had an idea for revenge. He placed his left foot on top of the dodgeball and rolled it a few times before kicking it up with his foot and kicked it across to his right and hit it up with his knee smirking at his skill as he noticed the first years watching him. He then grabbed it out of the air and as Sanu had his back turned to him, speaking to the first years tossed it at the pelican striking him in the back of the head.

"Hey!" Sanu exclaimed, turning to see who had thrown it and fixed his glasses which Louis had caused to become slightly askew. Louis smirked at the pelican. "I see someone "does" want to play dodgeball now, huh?" He placed his hands on his hips as Louis bowed graciously towards the first years sitting off stage.

"Ha ha! Nice shot, Louis!" Kai called out. Louis only bowed once again peering out at all of them.

"Everyone's taking me for the favourite already! Well, it's much too easy when you are up against Sanu." Louis praised himself. He even noticed that large grey wolf sitting beside Kai smiling back at him.

"I wonder how I'll get along with him? Legoshi, his name is. He seems to be a character of the quiet variety. His entire appearance seems to scream that he's a solitary type and I already had him distracted only by speaking to him. I bet I'll have that carnivore in the palm of my hands by the end of the school year," Louis thought confidently.

"...Louis, he acted like dodgeball was beneath his moral standing, but now he hurled a ball right at Sanu? He's a character no doubt. I wonder how we'll get along?" Legoshi wondered as Kai beside him was restlessly fidgeting along with half the other first years as now they felt the urge to lift themselves up and begin hurling foam balls at one another. To hell with formal greetings! This was now war within the drama club and the room was beginning to feel it. Legoshi glanced back at the Alpaca who arrived late sitting behind him and Kai. The Alpaca smiled back as Legoshi also did, though weakly.