Invasion

As I was running from them I didn't get far before I was hit over the head with a weapon and fall to the the floor, my vision goes blurry as I notice a figure stand over me before I'm met with a hand over my eyes.

I wake up dripping of sweat along with a jumpy demeanour. I look around I'm awake? In my bed? "Thank goodness" I exclaimed as I think to myself about how relieved I am it was only a dream.

I got myself out of bed in a rather good mood as I remember it's my birthday and I finally turn 16 and it feels amazing, so I happily stroll down the wooden stairs as they screech while I put my hair up in a bun on my way down.

As I walk into the living room I find my mom sat there with a small cake i smile at her "thank you so much mom!" I exclaimed, "no worries dear, come have a slice" she replied with a giddy smile on her face.

We sit at the small table which is in the centre of the room and my mom cuts a slice for both of us. "Where's Violet?" I ask, "she's out playing with Miles" she said, I then take a small bite as I nod, now aware of my siblings whereabouts.

Once I've enjoyed my slice of cake i hum a little with enjoyment "how much effort did you put into this mom?" I ask, "some with effort but a lot of love" she replies as she reaches to pinch a part of my cheek. I giggle.

I grab my plate and hers and go to the kitchen and wash the dishes and the cutlery, then I dry them with a rag and place them back in the cupboard. I then go up to  mom and let her know I'm going to go outside to see Violet and Miles.

I go outside and close the wooden door and walk down the stone path and out the small fence gate and walk to the cow field where my siblings would always go to play since it had a small swing on the tree.

I find them and I see Miles pushing Violet on the swing and I make my way over to them. "Hey Miles! Hey Violet!" My voice projects so they notice me and they call me over with joy in their voice, "Happy birthday!" They say in union.

We play for a few hours and then decide to go to the market and have a look around as we love the smell of the fresh bread. We spend at least 20 minutes strolling before we hear a loud bell ring and people running to go inside.

I lift my sister Violet in my arms and take my brother Miles hand and run as fast as I can without falling back home. Upon making it to my house's small fence I open it and run to the front door, where my mom is running towards me.

"Mom!" I say in a panicked manner, "what's going on?" "Come inside I'll explain, quickly!" She retorted back in an also panicked tone.
My siblings are crying and me and mom are trying to calm them down as they weep.

I try and bring up a quick idea for a slice of cake to have while me and mom talk, both of them agreed, so I cut two slices and they tuck in while I'm sat on the chair next to mom as she explains "the bell is an alarm for any invading army's."

I let the words sink in as I process it I then look at her and ask "are we in danger?", "yes, grave danger" she tries to whisper as to not cause a panic for my siblings. I gasp as I ask again "what will we do?"

My mom just sits there as a tear slips down her face. She then clears her throat as she tells me "I know a way you can escape but you need to make hast about it", I listen as she explains that at the back of the house is a tunnel and it can help.

My mom also tells me "before you do go please take this pendant" she says as she takes a gold chain from around her neck with a red heel in the centre, as she hands it to me. I stare at it.

I then put it around my neck "what's this for?", "a symbol of who you are, you biological father was not the best of men but he was determined." She said, with that all three of me and my siblings get up and go outside to the back of the house.

My mom opens the door on the ground as she ushers my siblings down there and she then hands me a handle with a small light to guide us. "Are you coming?" I ask in fear, "go ahead and keep them safe", she replied with tears.

I then snap back into reality and then I begin to hear the screams and cries of the villagers surrounding the area, I then hug my mom in a tight embrace for one last time as she kisses my forehead and tells me "follow the path! Hurry!"

I go into the tunnel and yell one last time "I love you!" As tears lord down my face, as I hear her yell "I love you all! keep them both safe! Bellatrix!", those were her last words.

- Thank you for reading the first part of The Reign.