1442- Attempt One

Around 5 PM, the Borneo trio has finished their whole session of meeting and handshakes stuff with other Muslim countries around the world, also with their own people.

But yet, they're not tired. You can guess the amount of food they ate on their both breakfast and lunch today that pays for their energy.

Indonesia(Indo), Malaysia, and Brunei gathered in Indo's room. They seemed to have an important discussion going on.

"I know we've never done this before, but what if we...," Indo paused for a while, looking at the expression of both his friends.

Malaysia tilted his head, curious of what Indo was about to say. "What if we... what?"

Indo showed a slight smile before he continued his sentence. "You know, that thing which works like angpao, or red envelope, but... Eid version? It's called 'THR'...."

"T-H-R...? What is that?", Brunei threw the question this time.

Indo's face immediately showed his disappointment as he heard that question. I mean, he clearly explained the thing and still got questioned.

Brunei got confused with Indo's sudden expression change. But then he slowly realized.

"O-oh... I understand," Brunei said with his innocent smile.

Indo's face lightened up a bit. Then, he continued the discussion.

"Let's ask for it directly first, shall we?" An enthusiastic tone was heard along that sentence. Which then being responded by both Malaysia and Brunei's nod.

"But wait, let's check how his mood is going on right now. We should then determine the timing and method," Brunei added.

And, there they go. Now, let's switch to the three's ONLY target's side. It is ASEAN, who's just chilling in the living room after wandering around to see how Eid was celebrated by everyone around him. The TV was on, being watched by ASEAN himself and alone with some snacks accompanying.

Everything went fine for him, until ASEAN heard some... inconsistent sound of footsteps coming closer to him. But, before he could turn his head around and find the source of that sound, it suddenly stopped.

He started to overthink, so he stood up and looked around. Unfortunately, he didn't see or hear anyone. Strange.

"Hello??"

Nobody answered. ASEAN himself didn't even know why he suddenly shouted like that. It immediately felt like a mistake.

"Uhh... I don't remember Eid being this scary last year...."

That organization froze there for a minute, then decided to walk off of the room.

Through the long hallway, he slowly walked away while trying to stay calm. Steps were heard again, but... were his steps supposed to make this much sound...? Even after he tried to minimize the sounds he'd made from his own steps?

ASEAN was aware that the source of those "additional footsteps" sounded close enough for him to check

ASEAN was aware that the source of those "additional footsteps" sounded close enough for him to check. Unfortunately, he didn't dare to look back as his fear dominated his mind at the moment. So, he ended up rushing his way outside instead.

In a few seconds, ASEAN managed to flee himself from the sight of these three. The same three who followed him back from the living room, then along the hallway.

"...?"

"...."

"Told you guys to just simply approach him... instead of whatever we just did," Brunei complained with his frown.

"I thought you said that we should analyze his mood and stuff first?" Malaysia shrugged along his reply.

Brunei didn't seem satisfied. He sighed, facepalms, then answered, "Mal, Indo, I never told you to scare him like that...."

Indo crossed his arms while also showing his smug. "Instructions unclear. You didn't even try to correct our moves earlier. That means your plan failed. Heh, I'll show you what an ideal plan is on the next Eid."

"Hm...? Why not today? Isn't Mr. ASEAN gonna return home?" Brunei couldn't accept his so-called defeat just like that. He needs to see how someone who underestimated him does the planning.

"You know, I'm not that mean. I would never ruin innocent someone's day twice! ...Unlike you." Indo raised his head and pointed his finger at Brunei, while keeping that smug on his face.

Both Mal and Brunei could only respond to Indo's words with confused faces. It's already 6 PM anyway. So, Mal proceeded with a nod, while Brunei sighed once again before answering, "Okay, okay, whatever...," then, he smiled.

~~~

Okay that's it :P
Thanks for reading!!
Sorry if this feels too short like a prologue ;-; cuz I only drew one simple pic (that one above) for this...(also I'm bad at extending stories--)