Chapter 5: The Weirdo on Maple Street-Part 2

1stPOV

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

BEEP! BEEP! BEEEEP!

I slam my fist atop the alarm, groaning in annoyance but waking nonetheless. Sitting up, with a headache, I look at the clock. 6:15 am.

'God I don't want to do this'

Sighing, I get out of bed. Grabbing a change of clothes I head to the bathroom to take a quick shower. It didn't take me very long to shower and dress myself. I head back to my room, put on my shoes, and grab my bag. I then take the time to look around the house, once again looking for the man who is my father. With no sight of him I make my way outside. Exiting the house I, once again, notice the lack of my dad's car.

'Where the hell is he?'

I grab ahold of my bike, and get on. 'I should check if he's at the diner later.'. Looking around once more, I peddle off to school.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

Entering Mr. Clarke's class, with Lucas and Dustin, we take our seats in the front. Dustin was the first to notice Mike's absence.

"Oh, this is weird. He's never this late." Dustin spoke, "I'm telling you, his stupid plan failed." Lucas said, "I thought you liked his plan." "Yeah, but obviously it was stupid, or he'd be here." "Guys, knock it off." I grumbled, to which the two acknowledged but ignored. "If his mom found out a girl spent the night–" "He's in deep shit right about now."

"Or he's skipping." I added, "Why would he do that?" Lucas questioned but before I could answer, Dustin asked a rather strange question. "Hey, what if she slept naked?" "Dustin!" "Oh, my god, she didn't.". I sigh to myself 'These are the boys I choose to hang out with.'

"Oh, if Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents..." Dustin seemed to be panicking right now but Lucas was quick to try and change his mind. "No way. Mike would never rat us out." "I don't know." "All that matters is, after school, the freak will be back in the loony bin, and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will." Lucas declared. "And while I agree that finding Will is our top priority" The two look back to me, "You can use better words to describe the girl without being an ass.".

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

It was now the end of the, very long and boring school day. Or maybe not so boring as around lunch, Mike had used his walkie, or 'Supercom' as he liked to call it, to tell us to come to his place as he had something really important to tell us. But I had other things I needed to do. That being finding out where the hell my father is.

"(Y/N)! Where are you going?" Lucas shouted out as I peddled in the opposite direction. Looking back I answered "I need to check something! I'll stop by later!" and continued onwards. The two boys shared a look of confusion as I hurried off, then continued on to Mikes.

'It has been almost a full twenty-four hours since I have seen my dad, and to say I am worried would be an understatement. With Will gone and that phone call I received from, what sounded like Will, I can't help but think something could have happened to my dad as well. I mean, it's not like he hasn't gotten home late and then left early before. It tends to happen whenever he's had a busy day at the diner. But even then he would normally call, or hell, leave a note. No, this is different. I can feel it in my gut. Something has happened. But what if I'm overthinking it? I have to be overthinking. Surely...'

The sight of police cars was enough to stop my thoughts. I was now outside my destination. Benny's Burgers. Police and Firefighters surrounded the building, and exiting the building I saw...

"Hopper?"

The older man looked at where I was standing, my bike to my left. His face held an expression of guilt and pain. 'Oh god...'

I drop my bike, rushing forward only to be stopped by the chief.

"No, no. You shouldn't..." He spoke, his right hand on my shoulder. "Where is my dad?" I look up at him. "Hopper, where is my dad?" His eyes held an emotion unreadable as he shook his head. "What happened? Hopper, what happened to my dad?" My voice cracked and I could feel my heart in my throat.

"I'm sorry kid." He apologized. For what? "What do you mean? What do you mean by that?" He pulled me away from the entrance, towards his car, without saying anything else. "Hopper, what do you mean?! Where is my dad?" My eyes started to water. I knew what he meant. But I didn't want to believe it.

"I'm sorry kid. But you can't be here right now." Hopper opened the door to his car, ever so gently ushering me in. But I can't leave yet. "No! Let me see him! Where is he?!" I attempted to push past him, but being older and larger, he managed to get me in the car. The tears were flowing freely now, and I could barely breathe. I watched with partly blurred eyes as Hopper spoke to two other police officers, and as three paramedics wheeled out a covered body on a gurney.

'No...'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

Hopper pulled into the Wheeler family's driveway, "Wait here, kid." He exited the car and trudged up to the house. Along the drive here, Hopper informed me of what happened. Or what he thinks happened, at least.

'How did this happen? He was...no. I can't say he was fine. I don't know if he was fine. If he died not even a day ago... maybe I should have called to see if he was okay. But...wait, the girl we found yesterday. She was-'

"Hey" Hopper's voice came from my left and I looked over. "C'mon."

Exiting the car, I walked up to the Wheeler's front door. Mrs. Wheeler was standing there with a sympathetic look. Hopper, who grabbed my bike before we left, placed the bike near the garage, and then headed towards the us. Looking past Mrs. Wheeler, I saw the boys by the steps. Each of them held similar expressions to what Mrs. Wheeler did.

'Why is this happening'

"Let's get you inside." Mrs. Wheeler spoke. I almost didn't hear her but nodded to her words. Hopper said a quick goodbye and I entered the house. Mrs. Wheeler asked Mike to bring up a spare chair from the basement as she led me and the other two to the dining room.

'God, just let me get through this...'

A/N: Hmm, welp that's another chapter. And uh...yeah that's all I really have to say. It's shitty but I like it so therefore it's good shit. Anyways, see you next chapter, or not. Idk how may words are in this one, it's late.👍