Chapter 7: Holly, Jolly-Part 1

1stPOV

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

"We just tell our parents we have AV club after school. That will give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

Me, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas all stood around a table. Mike had been telling us of his plan that we are putting into action later today when the other three get back. I was tasked with keeping Eleven safe, considering I was the only one excused from school for the next two weeks. Eleven was sitting on the couch, messing with the Supercomm.

I yawned, still tired from the lack of sleep. "You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked, "Just trust me on this, okay?" And Mike answered, "Okay". "Did you get the supplies?" "Yeah." Lucas began pulling things from his bag, "Binoculars....from 'Nam. Army knife...also from 'Nam." We looked on as he continued to pull out more items. "Hammer, Camouflage Bandana...and The wrist rocket." "You're gonna take out the Demogorgan with a slingshot?" Dustin questioned.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgan's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas pulls the rubber back and lets it go, "And blind it.". "If it has an eye," I added, and Lucas looked at me weirdly. Mike shakes his head and sighs, "Dustin, what did you get?". Dustin picks up his bag, turns it upside down, and dumps its contents onto the table. Food. he brought food. Honestly, that's fair.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got..." Lucas and Mike gave weird looks as Dustin began listing off the snacks he brought. "Nutty bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties," Mike looked over to Lucas and me with a confused face. "Pringles, Nilla wafers, Apple, Banana, and trail mix." He finished. "Seriously?" Lucas spoke, and Dustin was quick to defend himself. "We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her." "She shut one door!" "With her mind!"

Oh boy, here we go again. "Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like...". Dustin quickly moves to pick up a toy Millennium Falcon, "I bet...that she could make this fly!" He moves in front of where she is sitting. Me, Lucas, and Mike watched in irritation as he dropped the Millennium Falcon, picked it back up, and dropped it again. All the while, Eleven just stared and him.

Mike was quick to rush over, picking up the toy. "She's not a dog!" "Boys! Time for school!" Mrs. Wheeler called out to them. I stood by and watched as the three of them quickly gathered their things, Lucas and Dustin hurrying up the steps. "Just stay down here with (Y/N). Don't make any noise and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?" "Michael!" "Coming!" Mike shouted up to his mom. "You know those power lines?" "Power lines?" "Yeah. The ones behind my house?" "Yes." "Meet us there, after school." "After school?" "Yeah, 3:15." The two stared at each other for a moment, both confused. I cleared my throat, which caught Mike's attention, and I motioned my head towards his watch. He got the hint, "Ah.".

He took off his watch and placed it on Eleven's wrist. "When the numbers read Three-One-Five, meet us there." He told her, "Three-One-Five." She repeated. "Three-One-Five" Mike repeated again. He then got up and grabbed his bag, then went up the steps. I looked at Eleven, and she looked at me. I get the feeling this is going to be a pretty stressful day.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  

Me and Eleven spent most of the time we had to pass just talking. I asked her a few questions about where she came from, to which she didn't fully answer but told me enough to know it wasn't a good place. And she asked me about a few things of my own life, to which I answered to the best of my ability. I didn't fully remember anything until I started the second grade. And even then there are some things I can't fully remember.

I was currently in the bathroom. Washing my hands, I could feel a wave of dizziness hit me like a fright train. I gripped the side of the sink, examining myself in the mirror. This tended to happen, but there wasn't much of an explanation for it. I shut off the water, my mind still fuzzy, and exit the bathroom.

The first thing I noticed was the lack of another human, aka Eleven. Shit. I rushed up the stairs, to the best of my ability, and started to look around the house for her. I eventually found her sitting in front of the Wheeler's TV. Her eyes were closed and her breathing panicked. A Coke commercial was playing on the screen.

I crouched down beside her and placed my hands on her shoulders, shaking her gently. "Eleven? Hey, Eleven!" Her eyes opened, her breathing still panicked. I don't remove both my hands from her shoulders just yet, but I shut the TV off. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded. I nodded as well and we both stood, my hands now at my side. "You, uh...You exploring?" She nods again. "Alright, well...I am just gonna...follow. Just in case. Okay?" "..Okay".

Eleven started going up the blue, carpeted steps. I followed her up, holding onto the railing as the dizzy feeling still hadn't left. Reaching the top floor, the first room she entered was Nancy's. She opened the door cautiously, admiring the room before she entered. I stood in the doorway and watched as she looked at everything.

She stood in front of Nancy's dresser and opened the music box that sat on top. She quickly shut it once the music started playing, it scaring her a bit. She looked over at me, then looked back to the music box and opened it again. She watched as the mini ballerina spun around for a minute, then shut it. She looked back over to me, then to the corkboard that had a bunch of photos of Nancy and other things.

She moved closer to the corkboard, examining each of the photos. Her eyes fell upon a few in particular, and I could see an almost concerned look in her eyes. I looked where she was looking, the photos in particular were of Nancy with her best friend, Barbara Holland.

A/N: This is to the one person who has read this. I just wanna say thank you, and I really do hope you're enjoying the story so far!