025 | the last apricity

SERENA

SERENA

". . . So that's what happened" Serena said on her phone. She narrated the whole incident to May, starting from the very start to the very end.

The situation that Ash, Calem and Serena were so worried to face had ended almost peacefully. She had excused herself after the family decided to sit and talk and resolve everything while they were at it.

Shauna had also excused herself, going home for the time being and returning back in the morning when everything was sorted.

"Damn" came May's response. The honey blonde rolled her eyes playfully.

"Is that all you have to say?"

"I am speechless."

"I guess it sounds like a lot of drama?" Serena laughed unsurely. Her life had been nothing but drama lately. A romantic-tragedy-comedy all in one. She wondered if she should laugh at the absurdity or cry.

"It does" May replied. Then almost hesitantly. "By the way, I did what you asked me to do."

Serena shot a confused look at the phone where May's name was displayed. "Sorry?"

"That thing" May's voice sounded impatient and somewhat - embarrassed? She continued. "I - I asked Drew about, you know, what he feels about us."

Serena almost dropped her phone. "Seriously?! What did he say?!"

"Well" May paused. "He said that nothing had felt so right to him before. His exact words. He wants me to meet his parents tomorrow."

"What?!" Serena yelled, quickly covering her mouth and turning her voice in a whisper. "What the hell, May? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I don't know" Serena could imagine the brunette shrugging casually. "I could see that you had problems of your own going on."

"You could have still told me" Serena sighed. "Anyways, what about you? It is pretty clear that he likes you; considering the fact that he is willing to let you meet his parents."

"I like him too" May said quickly. "I would have never started it if I wasn't serious about it."

Serena asked hesitantly. "You are not going to regret this?"

"I am positive. And if I do regret it" The honey blonde could almost imagine her best friend smiling on the other side. "then also it will be fine. This is life, isn't it?"