The Lin Kuei Tournament

Mortal Kombat: Arc Edition

Disclaimer: I own nothing. RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth. Mortal Kombat is owned by Netherrealm Studios. Please support the original release.

The Lin Kuei Tournament

Several hours have passed as the tournament progressed. Many fighters had come and gone. Jaune will admit that some of the fighters present were decent. Though even he could tell that their skills were at least above average. In fact it was the same level as many of the first years back at Beacon.

"Frost. Hydro. Step forward." Kuai Liang called out.

Frost and a young man stepped forward. He wore a blue ninja outfit, complete with a blue mask. On his back was a pair of twin katanas.

The two fighters stepped onto the arena and turned to face one another. He also displayed an air of arrogance that reminded Jaune too much of Cardin.

"Ready to lose?" Frost said in a mocking tone.

Hydro scoffed. "I'm not intimidated by you, woman." He sneered.

His words got Frost to growl silently as her fists tightened. Ice began to form.

"Fight!" Kuai Liang called out. 

Frost rushed at Hydro and threw a jump kick at him. However, Hydro caught her leg and tossed her to the side. Frost rolled onto the ground but quickly caught herself and got right back up. She glared at Hydro heatedly. 

She rushed at him again, this time she aimed low. Her leg swung at his side but Hydro stopped it with his hands. Frost quickly retracted her leg and swung again. This time faster and higher. 

Hydro blocked it again with his arms, just in time to stop Frost’s attack. 

However, Frost threw her other leg up quickly, kicking Hydro in the face. The blue ninja stumbled back but Frost quickly jabbed him in the stomach. She then threw an uppercut across his jaw. 

Hydro fell onto his back and let out a groan of pain. He looked at Frost with a frown, he got back up and got into a stance. His hands clasped together before slowly moving apart. To Frost and everyone’s surprise water suddenly appeared from Hydro's hands. However, Sub-Zero looked on in intrigue. 

‘What the? He can control water, but how? I thought they didn't have Aura?!’ Jaune thought to himself as his eyes widened. ‘Maybe they use something else other than Aura, man my head is hurting trying to figure this out.’ 

Hydro moved his hands before firing them forward. A huge jet of water shot out of his hands, heading towards Frost. 

The young woman quickly rolled out of the way. The water blast flew past her and struck a nearby wall, cracking it instantly. Frost looked at the damaged wall in surprise before turning back to Hydro. 

“Congratulations, you're the first person to make me use my power in a fight for a long time.” Hydro said. 

Frost scoffed a bit. “That's a neat trick there, Water Bender, but it ain't enough to beat me.” She boasted.

“We'll see.” Hydro responded. His hands were coated in water once again, the water dropped downwards until it formed into a whip. Hydro snapped the water whip several times, as a way to intimidate Frost. 

The young woman simply frowned and slowly circled around Hydro. 

Hydro cracked his whip at Frost again but no response from the woman. Hydro frowned a bit before swinging his whip and snapping at Frost. However, to his and everyone else's surprise, Frost caught it with her hands.