‎♡‧₊˚twenty-five ♡‧₊

"Darina, what a pleasant surprise having you here," Ari bolts upright from the couch rubbing his palms together, greeting Darina as she enters the living room looking like a vision in an orange figure-hugging dress

I perform no such courtesy as my brother and remain glued to the couch. 

The strong note of her signature perfume fills the space. 

I'd once found it to be heavily sensual. 

I was severely mistaken. 

There's nothing as sensual as my rose's scent. 

So evocative and arousing. The thought makes my cock stir to life.

My eyes drift upstairs and I silently pray to whichever divine force is listening to me to keep Belle from waking up for at least until Darina is gone. 

I just don't want her to be more disturbed upon seeing her. She's already had her fill to last a couple of days by running into the girl from her rehab.

"Arion, darling," she purrs as they air kiss, her voice so sensual as usual that can make men kneel in front of her.

A young blonde guy in a suit follows her. He's almost my age range if I am not mistaken.

Her creamy hand with long red nails travels to the guy's chest. "This is Ira Cadwalader The XI. He's the Chief Marketing Officer of Cadwalader Shipping Corp. I have appointed him as one of the members of the board of directors for my foundation. Ira, honey. This is His Royal Highness Prince Arion of Caravaggio from the Royal House of De L'Aquila," she slips her hand under his shirt between his buttons.

If Belle were to see her it'll just shoot her temper past the roof.

"A pleasure to meet you, your royal highness," he says, shaking hands with my brother before sliding it back around Darina's waist with a sense of arrogant pride beaming off his face. "Apologies if I am lacking in my manners. It's my first time meeting a member of a royal family."

"Well, if that's the case then here's a tip. We royals love it when people bow in greeting and are respectful of not rushing to slip their arms in the waist of their partners," Ari mocks the dimwit, causing him to flush and even Darina.

I tend to forget what kind of a huge bully my brother is just because he's a mother hen and a teddy bear for Gus, me, and the rest of the family. He's a real viper when he wants to be.

"I have to leave. I'll see you around," my brother nods at me, making an exit.

"Areston, lyubov moya. Are you planning to acknowledge my presence at all?" Darina appears genuinely taken aback from my lack of warm welcome for her.

Her endearment that used to make me feel so good is somehow making me feel uneasy these days, I realize as I drag myself up from the couch.

I shove my hands in the pockets of my jeans. "I am on my personal time off and we aren't scheduled to be meeting until the next two weeks so I'm assuming this surprise visit is a necessity. Is everything alright?"