1. New neighbour

Author POV

A white SUV stopped in front of a house where the nameplate showed "Emaan Ansari's house". A lady in her late 40s stepped out, accompanied by a man whose proud smile could be seen from afar, and two girls with bright, glittery eyes.

"Inaayat aur Ayisha beta, kaisa laga apko apka ghar?" their father said, placing his hand on his daughters' heads.

They both smiled brightly, and Inaayat, while side-hugging her father, said, "Hame hamara ye naya ghar bahut pasand aya, abbu. Thank you so much."

"Ab apna sara pyar kya apne abbu par hi lutana hai, ab hamara kya hoga," Mrs. Aayat Emaan Ansari said dramatically, rolling her eyes in mock sadness.

"No mumma, I'm here for you na abbu, only love Innu, not us," Ayisha said, side-hugging her mother.

"Yes, appu, I love papa as you love mumma, now don't make a face like a jala hua paratha," she said with a smirk, rolling her eyes. Ayisha glared at her, but before she could say anything, she was cut off by her father.

"Are bhai, ab andar bhi chalna hai ya sara batwara yahi karoge," Mr. Ansari said, making everyone giggle and laugh.

The whole Ansari family entered the house, and Inaayat's eyes widened upon seeing the house's designs, furniture, and setups. She signaled her sister, who made an obvious excuse, leaving Mr. and Mrs. Ansari alone.

They both giggled, and their laughter echoed through the house, the old couple smiling at their bond.

"Soo, appu, you are not going to live here as much, so I'm going to choose the room where we are going to live," she said, checking all the rooms with glittery eyes.

"Hmm," Ayisha hummed in a slightly sad tone, thinking about how she was going back to the PG in Lucknow. Inaayat heard the low voice and cupped her sister's face.

"Don't worry, appu, ye apka bhi room hai, and we all love you," she said, smiling.

"Han han, ab jyada senti na kar," Ayisha said, rolling her eyes, then smiling.

"So, appu, ye terrace wala room hamara hai, and wo dekho samne ke ghar ke terrace bhi dekh Raha hai," she said, giggling and pointing towards the terrace of another house.

The other house was shaded in blue and off-white, looking beautiful. The structures of both houses were quite similar.

In Siddiqui Mansion:

A lady in her blue suit set the breakfast table, calling all the members of the house.

"Zinat beta, Ayaan kahan ho, jaldi aao betu," she said, placing the bowl of Sahi Paneer on the table.

"Are Mrs. Siddiqui, kyu chilla Rahi hain aap, shanti se baithiye aap. Aur waise bhi swarg ki apsaraaye chilate nahi hai, hukum dete hai, aur ham jaise nachize unke hukum ko pura kare hai" Mr. Siddiqui said with a teasing smile, causing Mrs. Siddiqui to blush as he placed his hand on her shoulder and helped her to sit comfortably.

"Are chodiye, hame mummy ji ne dekh liya na, to din bhar hamara mazak udate firenge," she said, looking at her husband worriedly.

"Are Bahu Rani, ham konsa tumko kha jayenge jo hamse ghabra rahi ho," she said, while sitting on the chair.

"Han, maa, dadi hi itni cute hai ki unse ghabra hi nahi sakte," Zinat said, side-hugging her, then sitting at her place.

"Aree, hamara sher kaha hai, sherni to ghans khane aa gayi, ab sher ko bhi bula lo," Mr. Jamshed said, biting a piece of cucumber.

"Main yaha hu, dad," Ayaan said, his voice firm, entering the house after coming from the gym. His hair was wet with sweat, and his veins were clearly visible.

"Maa, main naha kar ata hu, fir khaunga," he said, wiping his sweat with his hand, then started going towards his room on the second floor.

His room:

He came to the dining table to eat his breakfast and sat beside his sister.

"Aapko pata hai, hamare samne wale ghar main neye kirayedaar aa rahe hai aaj," his mother suddenly said, while placing curry in her husband's plate.

"Kirayedaar nahi, makaan malik. Mrs. Hame Tiwari ji [Broker and a good friend of Jamshed Siddiqui] ne bataya tha, wo to keh rahe the kafi ache log hai, baki to Allah talah hi janta hai," he said, while eating.

"Hmm, dekhte hai," she said, hoping for the best.

After having breakfast, they all went to their work. Mr. Siddiqui went for his business as the CEO of Siddiqui Corporation, and Ayaan went with his father to his company, as he also worked there alongside college. Mr. Siddiqui had told him many times that he didn't need to work in his company as he was a college student, but he didn't listen. Mrs. Siddiqui went to the kitchen to make tea, knowing how much her mother-in-law and daughter were addicted to tea made by her hands, it was their daily routine to drink a cup of her tea. The dadi-poti duo went to watch their favorite serial [Saas Bani Nagin].
.
.
.
.
.
.

Word count 900

.
.
.
.
.
.

Let me know if you like this chapter, and please support my story. Don't forget to comment so I know where I need to improve. This is my first book, so please refrain from making any bad or abusive comments that might demoralize me. Thank you so much for giving this book a chance. It means a lot. 😊😄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Peace...🤞🏻