🌱Part One🖤

Jimmy found his way through the crowds in the hoarded room. Everyone was standing so close to eachother, basically breathing in their neighbors breath; it made him sick. He needed some fresh air and space for himself. Or maybe just the second one because there didn't seem to be a balcony anywhere. As he had almost made it out of the rather huge dining hall, something got in his way. Well, not something but someone. And that someone was Mr Becker, the host of the event. Jimmy and Becker usually got along well but right now the guitarist was absolutely not in the mood.

„Ah, if that ain't my dear Pagey!", he exclaimed happily.

Jimmy offered a smile and tried to figure out if this was going to be an entire conversation, because he didn't have the nerve to deal with all those people around any longer.

„Good evening, Becker", he said in a flat voice.

„It's so good to see you", the main replied, „Are you enjoying my little festivity?"

„Mhm yes, it's quite a beautiful arrangement", Jimmy offered.

Becker chuckled. „Oh thank you. I must say, it wasn't easy to find a nice location. I always like those little dinners with a small group of friends and relatives."

„Yes, very small group indeed", Jimmy muttered under his breath, while looking around the room that was filled with tons of people.

Becker sighed. „Well then, would you like to join me for a drink?"

The guitarist shook his head in response. „Maybe later... Will you excuse me for a second? I'll be right back."

With that he made his way past the other man and rushed towards the staircase that led to the upper floor. Becker looked after him in surprise but didn't say anything. A few people were randomly standing on the steps of the staircase, chattering and drinking champagne. Jimmy reached the top floor and looked around. There were less people and the slow piano music was almost inaudible. He started walking faster, feeling released as he was now alone. After trying several times, he finally found a door that wasn't locked. The room behind it wasn't very big and had almost no furniture in it, but there was no one, so Jimmy was satisfied. He closed the door behind him and walked around the room a few times, before he opened the window and breathed in the cold air of the night. One look down showed that the building was very high. The colourful TV screens behind glass and the bright street lights of night life made it look like it was day, when in fact it was long past 9 pm. Jimmy left the window open and sat down on the ledge to watch the busy city and overthink. He wondered where his bandmates were. He hadn't seen them since they had entered the huge building together earlier.

Just as he was thinking this, he heard a gentle knock on the door. He turned around and saw Robert entering the room before he had even told him to come in. The singer was still using a cane to help him walk since he had broken his ankle in a car accident but according to him it was getting better. He sighed in relief when he saw Jimmy.

„Oh thank god you're here. I thought you had left without telling us", he said and closed the door behind him, „But what are you doing here anyway?"

„Just needed a break from all the people"

„Sorry, I didn't know. I'll leave if you want me to", Robert asked and was already turning around to exit the room.

„No, stay!", Jimmy ordered, „Don't go. It's nice having company. Here, have a seat."

He got up from the chair next to the window and let his friend sit down instead.

„How's your leg?", he asked.

Robert shrugged and sat down in the chair, relieved from the pain he always felt while walking. „It's okay. I think it's getting better."