Chapter Twelve

The wheels on Sarah's bike took her to Tannyhill in almost a flash. Julia's legs felt like jello and she was totally missing Cape Fears easy walking distance of everything. Kildare was too spread out, for her liking. She got inside the house and ran to the bathroom to take a shower. Julia spent a good chunk of time, standing underneath the warm water, wondering if this date was a good idea? Was it a good idea to try? Everything was in motion now and Julia thought; fuck it. She only lived once and if her heart felt the way that it did... she might as well listen. Her mother followed her heart at a young age. Yes, she became a statistic with being a teen mom, but she also found the love of her life. Julia only wished to be so lucky in the love department. Peeking out from the bathroom, towel wrapped around her body and hair, she checked out her surroundings to make sure no one was around. Her feet padded the ground as she walked across to get to her bedroom. Once in her bedroom, she began the getting ready process. First, she texted her mom to see if she wanted to hangout while getting ready.

jules:
where are youuu! wanna hang with me while i get ready... for a date! dun dun dunnn

mumma bear:
A DATEE?! 🫢 Omfg Jules! Who! What! When? WHERE! tell me where you go or ill have to envoke location privileges to make sure you dont get kidnapped

jules:
omg mom stopppp ! its with.. a guy i met. i dont know where its a surprise. its tonight at 7 and dont worry the guy is sarahs friend so i wont be kidnapped

Lies. Lies. All lies.

jules:
but where r u?

mumma bear:
im out right now! a few errands... probably wont be home till late, sorry babes!
send pics of my prized gem, i know that you'll rock his world!
not legit rock his world because dont put out on the first date jules, it was a geological pun 💎

jules:
awwww okay
omfg yes mom i know jeeeze🙃
love you!!!! 🩷

mumma bear:
i love you mostest 🩷🩷🩷 have fun, be safe and dont become me LOL JK

jules:
oh my god BYEEEE

Julia blew dry her hair and threw in some lazy curls. She wanted to look good but not look like she tried too hard. That would only inflate Rafe's already enormous ego. Julia raked through the closet of clothes she had hung up when she first got here and she never knew that she would be in this situation. How could she have not thought ahead?! Combing both hands through her hair, she stared at the racks of tops and shorts and dresses and wondered what type of date this was. Was he going to take her to a local burger joint? Was she going to go to the country club? Was he going to take her on a drive along the coast? What was appropriate for all those events?! With her door ajar, Rose peeped her head in.

"Miss Julia!" She chimed. "What are you up to, my niece?!" Rose said walking into her room, and sitting on the bed casually. They hadn't had much alone time and Julia still felt on edge from her conversation with Ward earlier so with Rose being his wife and her unfamiliar aunt, Julia didn't warm up to her as easily. She had certainly tried, for her mother's sake... but with Violet not around she could do as she felt right.

"Going out." Julia deadpanned, looking through the hangers.

Rose sighed, gazing around the room before looking at the closet with Julia. "You going out with Sarah or..." Rose probed as Julia continued to have her back to her.

"A date." Julia answered again in a monotonous tone.

Getting up from where she sat, Rose stood next to Julia and began to shift the hangers, browsing what Julia had brought with her. Rose grabbed a black short tube top dress and then found a white linen button up. Her aunt placed the outfit on the bed and then exited the room. Moments later, she returned and brought in a pair of diamond studs and a tennis bracelet to match. "A perfectly cute outfit. Cute but not trying too hard. Once you wear it with your sneakers it will be adorable wherever you go." Rose beamed, looking at Julia with the same big eyes her mother had. She was trying, Julia thought to herself.