Chapter Seventeen: Roxy

We get home and Chassidy and I talk about our vacations over lunch. I then meet up with my friend, Zoe. She's from the Kingdom of Sparkles, but she's like me -- royal, but not in the sparkly, frilly way like Chassidy and Zoe's younger sister, Rhonda are. We're hanging out in the castle gardens, and I'm telling her about the Fabled Crystals. "So, we've found the Ice, Healing, Time, Love, Interpretation and Earth Crystal." I tell her. "Hey, I think Rhonda might have one. When we got to this kingdom, she looked like a pink unicorn volcano, but now she looks like an actual princess. It was like it happened overnight." I don't know if Is factual, but we go to Zoe and Rhonda's shared room anyways. 

Zoe's half of the room looks like the dream goth room: skulls everywhere, everything black, and her ceiling is covered with Faux clouds with light coursing through them, while Rhonda's half has huge stuffed animals on one half of her bed, the walls pink, and a whole makeup vanity taking up half of the room.

"Hey, Rhonda," I say, and she turns around from her vanity chair to say hi to me. "Oh, hey Roxy!" she looks like a supermodel in a lot of ways. Her ginger hair has pink tips, and she has on a pink sundress. "Hey, Rhonda. We were wondering if you've seen any unusual crystals or gems." Zoe comments.

 Rhonda thinks for a minute and finally says, "I don't know if you would say unusual, but I have a lot of jewelry -- mostly necklaces -- that have an assortment of crystals. Maybe you'll find something there. I'll help you look!" she offers. Then Rhonda pulls out a whole drawer of neatly arranged necklaces. Half of them have gemstones, and only a fraction of them have gems big enough to be a Fabled Crystal.

 We each take five to examine. After a few minutes, Zoe calls out. "Is this one it, Roxy?" she asks. It's a silver necklace with a gemstone in the middle. The gem is pink and purple, constantly swirling. I think for a minute that it's enchanted to look that way, something that they do with a lot of kids' jewelry. Zoe hands it to me and I get a closer look. "Where did you get this one, Rhonda?" Zoe inquires. "I don't remember clearly. Oh! I think I found the gem in the Gardens when we first moved here. I put it in a necklace shell that I had lying around. But when I put it on later that week, it felt strange, like my whole body fell asleep for a few seconds. I decided not to wear it after that." she finishes.

 "I remember that week," Zoe says. "That week was when you started dressing different and you dropped your old style." This sounds exactly like the work of a Fabled Crystal. "Guys, I think this is one of the Fabled Crystals," I say. "You can keep it, then, if you need it!" offers Rhonda.

 I thank her, and when we get back outside, I tell Zoe my suspicions. "I'm pretty sure that this one is the Transformation Crystal," I say. I take my silver necklace out of my pocket and insert the gem inside. I put it on, and I can feel the sensation that Rhonda was explaining. A moment later, Zoe stares at me agape. "What?" I demand as she continues to stare at me.

 She hands me her phone, set in selfie mode. I see myself in it, but I look different. Purple, my favorite color, replaces my natural brown hair, and my face looks different, more defined somehow. This is definitely the Transformation Crystal. When I get back to the castle, I put it in a case, alongside the Ice Crystal, Healing Crystal, Time Crystal, Love Crystal, Interpretation Crystal and Earth Crystal. Their case is magically locked. No one other than me, Chassidy and our mom has access to it.