𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐫 (9)

Adisorn entered a bar to meet a man he had hired for a sinister purpose - to orchestrate another assassination attempt, this time targeting Sammy and Kamon.

Saifan, the hired hitman, inquired about the payment. "When will you provide the 1.2 Million Baht for their lives?" he asked. Adisorn promptly handed over a bag filled with cash.

"Here it is," Adisorn responded, his expression cold and unnerving. "I've also sent the gun to your location. Execute the plan immediately." Determined and ruthless, Adisorn was willing to go to any lengths to eliminate anyone who stood in his way.

Leaving the area to avoid detection, Adisorn departed before anyone could recognize him.

Meanwhile, Kamon remained concerned about Chayaphon's well-being, but Sammy reassured her that he would be fine. They left the hospital, intending to head home.

As they drove along the highway, Sammy sensed something amiss. A black car began tailing them persistently, gradually closing the distance. Sammy glanced at the side mirror, confirming her fears. The car drew closer and the driver brandished a gun. Reacting quickly, Sammy swiftly pressed the brakes and shifted into reverse, enabling her to escape. Fortunately, with no other cars on the road, she and Kamon managed to evade their pursuers.

Sammy and Kamon arrived safely, she told the latter to get rest while she report the incident to the police.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sunanda reached out to Sammy over the phone to have a conversation, but Sammy was skeptical, finding the situation unusual.

"Sammy, my dear, I know this may seem unexpected, but please consider allowing my son to have his rightful share of the company!" Sunanda pleaded.

"What? Are you serious, Auntie?! Your son nearly killed my father, and now you're asking for something that isn't rightfully his? That's absurd!" Sammy's anger flared. "Instead of making such a request, why don't you ask him to turn himself in to the authorities?"

"If you refuse to give him half of the estate, I will take actions that you will deeply regret!" Sunanda threatened, her voice seething with anger.

Just as Sammy was about to respond, the line abruptly went dead. A wave of nervousness washed over her, not only for her own well-being, but also for Kamon, who was carrying their unborn child.

Observing Sammy's restlessness, Kamon noticed her partner pacing in circles within their bedroom.

"Sammy, come here!" Kamon called out, trying to capture Sammy's attention. Sammy rushed over and embraced Kamon, seeking solace in her arms. Tears streamed down Sammy's face as she sobbed against Kamon's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Kamon. I never wanted to drag you into this situation," Sammy apologized, her voice filled with guilt. "I feel lost and helpless. Adi and Auntie are after us, and my dad remains unconscious."

"We will make it through this together, Sammy. I promise, everything will be alright," Kamon assured, gently brushing Sammy's hair away from her face before tenderly kissing her lips. "Right now, we need to rest. We'll figure out a plan and face everything head-on tomorrow, okay?"

Sammy nodded, her eyes filled with love and determination. "Always remember that I love you deeply, Kamon, and I will do whatever it takes to protect you and our baby, even if it means putting my own life at risk."

"Please, don't say that. I can't bear the thought of living without you, Sammy," Kamon pleaded, her voice filled with desperation. "We haven't even gotten married yet... I want to spend my life with you, and I want to have many children with you."

Later that night, a loud crash jolted them awake as a car forcefully rammed through the gate. Sam swiftly retrieved her .45 caliber gun from her drawer, causing Kamon to feel a surge of fear. "Hide in the bathroom. There's a secret room behind the red closet. It's the safest place for you," Sammy instructed, guiding Kamon to the bathroom and pulling aside the clothes to reveal a hidden door beneath. Kamon gave her a puzzled look.

"Are you certain about this?" Kamon asked, her voice trembling.

"It's the only option I can think of right now. Go inside, and I'll handle things from here. There's an exit that leads to the cellar door. Be careful. If you can't find me or if something goes wrong, call the police. And... always remember that I love you," Sammy whispered, pressing a loving kiss against Kamon's lips before assisting her through the door. Kamon cast a final glance back before shutting the door behind her.

With a sigh of relief for having secured Kamon's safety, Sammy mustered the courage to step out of the room and confront the intruder.

Adisorn leaped over the gate and forcefully entered through the front door, bellowing Sammy's name at the top of his lungs. But no response reached his ears. Undeterred, he summoned his strength and broke through the door.

Sammy discreetly holstered her gun behind her back as she laid eyes on Adisorn, who sported a sinister grin and seething anger in his eyes.

"What do you want, Adi?" she mustered the nerve to ask, her astonishment evident at witnessing her cousin transformed into a terrifying figure.

"I want you... DEAD!" he roared, firing his gun. Acting swiftly, Sammy swiftly dodged to the left and rolled, grabbing her own weapon. She returned fire, hitting Adisorn in the shoulder. Despite the wound, Adisorn shrugged it off as if it were nothing.

Amidst the exchange of gunfire, Kamon managed to escape through the cellar door. Beating the odds, she quickly dialed the emergency hotline to call the police. However, her relief was short-lived as someone grabbed her, doused her with ammonia, and forced her into unconsciousness. Much to her surprise, the perpetrator turned out to be Sunanda, Adisorn's mother.

Despite sustaining gunshot wounds to her shoulder and torso, Sammy managed to inflict further damage on Adisorn, who had been hit by two bullets in his thighs before making his escape.

The police, following the report, promptly arrived at the scene. Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) were also dispatched to attend to Sammy, who was bleeding profusely. They quickly transported her to the nearest hospital for urgent treatment.

Meanwhile, Kamon regained consciousness in an unfamiliar location—an abandoned house. From a hidden corner, she overheard a heated argument between two individuals.

"What am I supposed to do with that girl? Sammy is my true target!" a man shouted, lying on the couch and tending to his wounds.

"She will come searching for her because she's her girlfriend. That's why I lured her here! Just think about it, once we have Sammy, she'll give you everything," the woman suggested.

"Ensure that she never sees the light of day once we have all their money!" the man declared.

Kamon found herself in a state of confusion, wondering about her next course of action.