Your lips

The harsh flicker of artificial light sliced through the darkness, bathing the room in stark, sterile brightness, marking the start of the day. Sangwoo lay motionless, the shock collar around his neck a constant, biting reminder of his constrained freedom. As he moved, the slight weight on his chest shifted as it dropped off him while he sat up.

Pebble, the name Sangwoo, had decided on after Yoon Bum insisted he named the thing, walked over to his dish, his small mewls making it known he was ready to be fed. Yoon Bum thought the name cute, but Sangwoo called it "Pebble" because it was insignificant and easily overlooked. Sangwoo watched it with an aloof curiosity tempered by a touch of disdain.

Approaching with deliberate steps, the chain tightened, a metallic rasp echoing the limitations of his new world. He knelt, fingers brushing the kitten's fur, soft against the stark harshness of his reality. "Time for breakfast, Pebble," he murmured, his voice empty of warmth. As he went through his new ritual of feeding for the dependent creature at his feet.

This careful attention hid a deeper chaos. Each precise gesture, the refreshing of water, the careful portioning of food, was Sangwoo's defiance against his own helplessness. The kitten, oblivious and dependent, became the one thing he could dominate. Watching it eat, Sangwoo felt a wave of resentment wash over him; it lived in its own little world, unbothered by the confined environment, unlike him, who couldn't think of anymore more than escaping this hell.

The kitten's trust, its complete and unguarded ease, irked him. "It trusts as if no one has ever betrayed it - a luxury for the naive," he thought scornfully. Despite this, the forced responsibility of caring for the kitten brought a distorted sense of normalcy to his fractured life.

As the kitten finished its meal, it brushed against his side, its small body a warm presence against the room's chilled. While he waited for his own meal, the parallel wasn't unknown to him, leaving a bitter taste.

Inside Sangwoo's bland room, Yoon Bum entered, accompanied by Reid, whose presence had become increasingly notable and oppressive, breaking the monotony.

Sangwoo's muscles tensed as he assessed the shift in dynamics; Reid's watchful eyes added a layer of tension that was hard to ignore. Yoon Bum seemed unusually peppy, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth as he observed Sangwoo with the kitten.

"Seems like you two are getting along well," Yoon Bum commented, nodding towards Pebble. His voice carried a tone of approval that was as surprising as it was suspicious. Sangwoo maintained a neutral expression, masking the churn of his thoughts. He knew better than to display his emotions freely.

"You've been doing so well these last few days that I think you've earned a bit of a reward," Yoon Bum continued, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of pride and something unreadable. Sangwoo's interest piqued despite his reservations. Rewards from Yoon Bum were few, and never without their complexities.

"You'll spend some time in the sunroom today," Yoon Bum declared. Sangwoo's heart skipped a beat. He had never left this room since his confinement began. A sunroom meant large windows with natural light—luxuries that seemed almost mythical now.

It also meant a chance to map out the area for an escape plan.

"Sure," Sangwoo responded, his voice steady despite the surge of anticipation. "That sounds... nice."

Yoon Bum nodded, clearly satisfied with the response. "Good! Reid will get you ready. This is a big milestone for you," he said, emphasizing the words as if it were a contract binding Sangwoo to continued compliance.

As Reid moved to unlock the chain from Sangwoo's collar, the proximity of his actions felt invasive, yet Sangwoo stood still, allowing the momentary liberty to wash over him. The chain fell away with a clatter that echoed off the bare walls, and for the first time in months, Sangwoo felt the lightness of being unbound.