Belong to Me

The sunroom was dimly lit, ghostly shadows cast by a horror film flickering across Sangwoo and Yoon Bum's nest of plush pillows. As the film's heroine tiptoed through a dark hallway, Yoon Bum watched wide-eyed, while Sangwoo found the plot predictably dull. Beneath his boredom, frustration simmered over Reid's delayed escape updates.

Leaning closer, Sangwoo whispered, "It's really well done, isn't it?" to maintain the mood. Yoon Bum nodded briefly, quickly returning his gaze to the screen, engrossed in the tension that failed to captivate Sangwoo.

Each twitch and jump from Yoon Bum captured Sangwoo's attention. Here was his captor, oblivious to the real danger beside him. As the film's tension peaked, Sangwoo, driven by a mix of frustration and need for interaction, abruptly wrapped an arm around Yoon Bum, pulling him close.

Yoon Bum jumped, popcorn scattering. "Scary, huh?" Sangwoo chuckled, a mix of amusement and annoyance in his tone.

Reid, from the entrance, asked sharply, "Everything okay here?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine, Reid," Yoon Bum stammered, his eyes darting nervously.

Sangwoo, turning to Reid, mocked, "I'm hardly going to eat him. We're just enjoying the movie, aren't we?" His tone unsettled Reid, who tightened his lips and turned away.

Sangwoo then gently pinched Yoon Bum's cheek, drawing his full attention away from the film. Yoon Bum looked up, a playful challenge in his eyes.

"You're acting rather cute tonight," Sangwoo observed, noting the contrast to Yoon Bum's usual demeanor. "It's way different from your usual self or Yoonah persona,"

Yoon Bum's face took on a shade of offense, his brows furrowing slightly. "As Yoonah, it's just easier to pretend—to be everything I'm not usually. Yoonah is confident because she isn't afraid to chase what she wants," he responded, a hint of defiance in his tone.

"Interesting," Sangwoo retorted softly, his gaze intense. "But it wasn't Yoonah who had me chained up. You're quite adept at getting what you want, too."

Pleased, Yoon Bum turned back to the film, stroking Pebble, who jumped into his lap.

Their movie night ended abruptly, with Reid's commanding tone slicing through the room's tension. "It's time to head back. We have things to do," he declared, stepping forward to release Sangwoo's chain.

"You're right, we do have plans," Yoon Bum agreed, his voice tinged with disappointment as the movie's eerie climax continued to echo around them. Handing Sangwoo Pebble, who had nestled into his lap during the film, Yoon Bum's expression was tinged with regret, his eyes lingering on Sangwoo.

"I guess that's it for our date," Sangwoo said smoothly, infusing his voice with a warmth that contrasted with the chill in Reid's.

"It was nice while it lasted," Yoon Bum murmured, his gaze filled with unresolved emotions as he reluctantly turned to leave, following Reid's directive to prepare for their night out.

As Sangwoo was escorted back to his room, the clinking of his chain a grim soundtrack to their silent march, he mulled over Reid's and Yoon Bum's behaviors. Once securely back in his room, the cold reality of his confinement snapped back into harsh focus. Reid's movements were brusque, his frustration clear as he secured the chain.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Sangwoo," Reid hissed, meeting his gaze with a challenging glare. "Thinking you can use Yoon Bum to antagonize me, but I know what you're doing."

"It's not manipulation if you're already halfway out the door. Just think, helping me might actually keep me away from Yoon Bum," Sangwoo replied smoothly, his tone dripping with faux concern.